The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Doesnt matter man. 3 points lost no matter how the performance was. Even if we battered City and lost, i'd still be upset regardless because we dropped 3 points. We remain a point behind Liverpool and 4 off Arsenal.

Smh, woeful start to the season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's your biggest failure of the season so far, being behind Liverpool. Although Liverpool have Chelsea coming up next week so you should be going ahead by then.
To only lose 1-0 with 10 men at the Etihad is something you would be content with, however lets be honest it was down to rubbish refereeing. We could have been 3-0 or 4-0 down on penalties alone. Just a few points;

- Why the hell is Di Maria still taking corners, this isn't the first match that they have been utter turd.
- Van Persie was anonymous as a lone striker, i don't think Januzaj was the best person to take off.
- Oliver was turd as a referee.
- Our defence is a joke.

That pretty much covers it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
I know 0 points is the same whether you lose 1-0 or 11-0, but I with 10 men for most of the game against city at the Etihad, to only lose by a single goal is pretty amazing.

If you want to feel better, just imagine how bad you guys would be doing if you had Mignolet instead of DDG...

Nobody expected us to get anything from the game so in theory nothing has changed. The performance was a massive improvement on this fixture last year and this is with 10 men, god knows how many injuries and a second half defence consisting of 2 midfielders and a youth team player. Long term we'll be fine, if we stop getting so many ****ing injuries. It's beyond a joke now.

Anyone else thinking Carrick could be the experienced head at the back we desperately need?
Original post by samir12
That's your biggest failure of the season so far, being behind Liverpool. Although Liverpool have Chelsea coming up next week so you should be going ahead by then.

Not really. Our biggest failure is failure to actually beat the promoted sides this season in Leicester and Burnley. We also dropped points to a woeful Sunderland side.

I know its being said in hindsight since promoted sides at the beginning of the season are always difficult to play against but still, we should have won those games (even without our new signings).

Those extra 7 points would have done us a world of good in respect to our standings on the table. We would have sat in 3/4th position.

Our woeful away form continues..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesnt matter man. 3 points lost no matter how the performance was. Even if we battered City and lost, i'd still be upset regardless because we dropped 3 points. We remain a point behind Liverpool and 4 off Arsenal.

Smh, woeful start to the season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ultimately it's the points that matters, but imagine how I felt after seeing us play our worst game of football since Rodgers joined the club?

We're against Chelsea next weekend so if you beat Palace you're 2 points clear of us.
Arsenal never beat you anyway so I wouldn't worry about them.
And if you play us without Sturridge it'll be an easy game.

We're nothing at the moment with absolutely no signs of improving.

At least you have the attacking quality to improve and the money to buy defenders in January.
Original post by _Morsey_
Van Persie was anonymous as a lone striker, i don't think Januzaj was the best person to have take off.

RVP being subbed off with 10 minutes to go when we're on top and needing a goal just about sums up the level he's playing at currently. Assuming Falcao isn't ready for the next game i'd like to see Wilson starting.

Not really. Our biggest failure is failure to actually beat the promoted sides this season in Leicester and Burnley. We also dropped points to a woeful Sunderland side.

I know its being said in hindsight since promoted sides at the beginning of the season are always difficult to play against but still, we should have won those games (even without our new signings).

Those extra 7 points would have done us a world of good in respect to our standings on the table. We would have sat in 3/4th position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funny thing is despite the poor away form, we've probably still played better than we did last season. Last season we so were poor and usually relied on a set piece or a moment of individual skill (Rooney, Januzaj in particular) to win us the game.
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh that's what I indirectly mean, if you got those points you would have been ahead of Liverpool who have been shocking themselves.
Original post by sr90
Nobody expected us to get anything from the game so in theory nothing has changed. The performance was a massive improvement on this fixture last year and this is with 10 men, god knows how many injuries and a second half defence consisting of 2 midfielders and a youth team player. Long term we'll be fine, if we stop getting so many ****ing injuries. It's beyond a joke now.

Anyone else thinking Carrick could be the experienced head at the back we desperately need?

Carrick could be our experienced head at the back (plus he could help get the ball out from the back via playing as a ball playing CB) but his lack of mobility and pace worries me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I think Samir got it spot on.
We have had the worst season start performance wise that I have EVER seen whilst supporting Liverpool.
Yet you're still behind us?

That's not a dig, it's just quite amazing to still be ahead of you when you look at how much we've embarrassed our club in games so far.
Original post by Lúcio
We have had the worst season start performance wise that I have EVER seen whilst supporting Liverpool.

That's not a dig, it's just quite amazing to still be ahead of you when you look at how much we've embarrassed our club in games so far.

All of the predicted top 4 contenders, bar Chelsea have underperformed.
Original post by Lúcio

Thats probably because you havent faced Chelsea yet and we have tbh. I expect us to go 2 points above you next week but that is still ****.

Thank **** everyone else has started on a relative **** way (bar Chelsea and arguably Southampton) or else Liverpool and United would be comfortably below top 10 imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stylo92

Yeah spot on. As have Tottenham and Everton tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stylo92

Of course they have.
Arsenal have actually been terrible it sanchez + last minute goals have saved them.
City have generally been underwhelming - winning games but unconvincingly and already 6 points down on chelsea.
Liverpool...need no words.

rofl
Lack of finishing, yet again was a big reason we lost the game. Why the **** did Rooney try to cut in when he should of placed it past Hart:angry:
Thats probably because you havent faced Chelsea yet and we have tbh. I expect us to go 2 points above you next week but that is still ****.

Thank **** everyone else has started on a relative **** way (bar Chelsea and arguably Southampton) or else Liverpool and United would be comfortably below top 10 imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but we have also played city, Everton and Spurs.
Still need to play chelsea, arsenal and you guys but right now I can't see us winning any of those games.

There's no reason why you shouldn't be ahead of us after the next set of games; you should AT LEAST be level if you decide to mess up and get a draw to palace.

I agree - both of our teams are way higher than our performances suggest.
There's no two ways about it, we've both been bottom half standard this season.
Original post by Lúcio

At this stage under Hodgson you'd just lost to Blackpool at home and were in the bottom 3. Surely things aren't as bad as that?
Original post by sr90

No, I want to see McNair and Blackett as our CB pairing. No-one has proven their worth.

This season is a farce. With that early fixture list we should be in top 4, regardless of any circumstances.

The only reason this is better than Moyes is because our players look like they give a ****.
Original post by sr90
At this stage under Hodgson you'd just lost to Blackpool at home and were in the bottom 3. Surely things aren't as bad as that?

Yeah I suppose my bias for the present calamities does cloud my perception of the past.

In any case I was totally embarrassed yesterday.
I almost got a ticket to see the match in the home end; thank god I decided not to.

Can't wait to go in to work now...
Have my 1 hour break now, god im struggling to tutor some of my students today because of our loss. Ffs i hate it when i have to work on days United play and lose :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest