The Student Room Group

Pharmacy

Hey everyone! Im new to this forum thing! I am thinking about applying to pharmacy, but i'm a little bit scared as its such a competitive course. I'm also worried because i've got a C in English language for GCSE and most universities are looking for a B or above. I did take on english language and lit (combined course) for AS level in which i got a C too, but i dunno whether to re-take my eng lang gcse or improve my AS grade as i was only a couple of marks from a B. From emailing the Uni's, i think they prefer a better grade for the gcse, but how would they know and how would i write my eng lang gcse grade on the application form if im re-taking the gcse? I'm not sure what to do...what do u guys think? ... :frown:
Reply 1
I got a C for eng language and D for english lit at GCSE and I had three offers from uni's. I didn't realise you need B or above.
Reply 2
Gemma1725
I got a C for eng language and D for english lit at GCSE and I had three offers from uni's. I didn't realise you need B or above.

what did u get overall- i meant for A-Levels?
Reply 3
I think they done some sort of change for entry requirements this year. Most uni's require a B or above in eng lang and maths...:frown:
Reply 4
What do you guys expect? competition is getting higher and higher and so they need to distinguish between the BBB and the AAB say so, increasingly as more people apply they will have to lift standards. You'll see give it a couple of years it'll be as difficult as meds and dentistry to apply..entry tests the lot! (not trying to scare any of you, you don't need to be it wont go into operation for ages, but I'm just predicting it'll happen) anyway I thought the standard offer now was ABB in most pharmacy unis except for king's n the low unis??
Reply 5
You guys are lucky, I had to get AAB to get into Manchester this year.
Reply 6
I know LSOP for 2007 entry changed their Eng language and maths GCSE from a C to a B, they now say ABB-AAB too.

But there still are a lot of universities who will take C's in GCSE maths and English Language. Reading and Lancashire, which are the newer ones for example.
Reply 7
^^I'm wondering if I should even bother applying to Manchester at all. They just seem so strict and their interviews gruelling.
Reply 8
BeesKnees
^^I'm wondering if I should even bother applying to Manchester at all. They just seem so strict and their interviews gruelling.

Nah, their interviews are very straightforward, its always the obvious questions. What they are really looking for is that you meet the entry requirements. If you exceed them, then you are very likely to get an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending