The Student Room Group

Pharmacy vs medicinal chemistry

Hi
I'm in the process of writing my personal statement and finalising my ucas application and I'm a bit conflicted. I want to apply to medicinal chemistry/pharmaceutical chemistry but want to put pharmacy as an option too. How do I write a personal statement that's fit for both of these courses at the same time?
Reply 1
Original post by S_340
Hi
I'm in the process of writing my personal statement and finalising my ucas application and I'm a bit conflicted. I want to apply to medicinal chemistry/pharmaceutical chemistry but want to put pharmacy as an option too. How do I write a personal statement that's fit for both of these courses at the same time?

I applied for pharmacy and biomedical sciences and am now doing pharmacy. I would say that medicinal chemistry and pharmaceutics are both subunits to the pharmacy course and therefore anything you write expressing interest in these will still be positive to your pharmacy statement. I think the key thing when writing a statement for pharmacy I kept in mind while applying was that it is very much a healthcare degree where there is a lot of stuff about working/communicating with patients; so I'd try to make sure you have a few examples of working with others/communication skills. If you want any other advice on applying/insight on the pharmacy course then feel free to message me! Good luck with your applications and finishing writing your personal statement
Reply 2
Thank you so much! I was stressing about whether I had to write a whole new personal statement on just medicinal chemistry. What pharmacy courses did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending