Original post by RQ97
Received an offer for Jan 2016
conditional offer for 3A's at A level.

my offer had no conditions but thats because i am a grad
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
So are you guys paying the deposit ?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to let you guys know I have created a discussion board for buckingham medicine 2016 entry:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3189151&page=5&p=54708375#post54708375

I have not put down a deposit yet as I am still waiting to hear back from one other uni!
Reply 63
They have given 6 weeks for acceptance n deposit. Will do it by April end
Is there any leeway regarding the grades you get to get on to this course? Or is it strictly AAA?????
Reply 65
Probably fairly strict, but as you can apply directly and not use a UCAS place, might as well try - wont do any harm.

Original post by mr.cool09
Is there any leeway regarding the grades you get to get on to this course? Or is it strictly AAA?????
Original post by user92
Probably fairly strict, but as you can apply directly and not use a UCAS place, might as well try - wont do any harm.

Ahhh fair enough. I just fear the high costs! But if you have your full heart on it then I don't think its much of a big deal :smile:
Original post by rb13
hi.. Yes I have got an offer...am gonna start in jan 2015.

Can you tell me more about the course and exams?
were they tough?
I am worried that you are only allowed on retake in 4.5 years.

Any advice is welcome
Original post by nehaisbookworm
my offer had no conditions but thats because i am a grad

Hi, you said you applied as a graduate. Do you mind me asking what degree and what classification? Also, did they require anything additional from you from GCSE or A levels, etc.?

Thanks!
Is this degree even accredited by the GMC, thus rendering it worthless. Ridiculous course fees. Medical students at Buckingham are likely to be very well off- lack of diversity in the school.
Sorry if I am mistaken and please correct me if I am wrong,
But it seems to me with these extortionate prices compared to the majority of medical schools this is a buy out for those who are not good enough to get into normal Medicine?!?!
i hope I will stand to be corrected
Original post by Dr. Liverpool
Is this degree even accredited by the GMC, thus rendering it worthless. Ridiculous course fees. Medical students at Buckingham are likely to be very well off- lack of diversity in the school.

Hi there!

I just thought I would let you know that the course was approved by the GMC to start and will be accredited by the GMC once our firstcohort of students graduate, which will be in 2019.
We have had the support and guidance of the GMC from thestart of the course. They also visit us once a year and produce reports. Thesereports can contain recommendations and so far have all been very positive.
We are licensed to use the University of Leicester’s courseand our Director of Medical Education was the Director at Leicester.We are very confident that we will gain accreditation onceour first cohort graduate, however if they do not, students will be able totransfer to the University of Leicester, to the same point in the course.
Original post by Lola1244
Sorry if I am mistaken and please correct me if I am wrong,
But it seems to me with these extortionate prices compared to the majority of medical schools this is a buy out for those who are not good enough to get into normal Medicine?!?!
i hope I will stand to be corrected

Hi Lola1244!

We understand why people may think this, but we have very robust entry requirements and also a selection day, so it isn't necessarily just a course where you can get in if you want to. As an independent university, we receive no government funding, and so the price of the course is what it costs to put on the course. (We are also a non-profit university, so any money made just goes back into the uni.) The thing that makes us a little different is that students get hospital experience from day one, rather than a few years into the course. If you want any more information, I am more than happy to provide it

Becky :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending