The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Buckingham Vs Brunel

Would like to know the pros and cons of these two universities for the Med program??
Especially for international students from Australia, given Brunel is a new course and Buckingham is a fully recognised course...
I would like to know as well. I’m from Canada and I’m applying to Brunel, Buckingham, and Uclan.I’m stuck on which university to chose, which one has the best reputation and is GMC accredited. I have to email Brunel and ask them if it’s GMC approved since it’s a new medical school. I would also prefer to go to London on the weekends since I have family there, so UCLan might be the last choice for me, but again, if it has the highest reputation then I have to sacrifice things over the other.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Yyyy2234!
I would like to know as well. I’m from Canada and I’m applying to Brunel, Buckingham, and Uclan.I’m stuck on which university to chose, which one has the best reputation and is GMC accredited. I have to email Brunel and ask them if it’s GMC approved since it’s a new medical school. I would also prefer to go to London on the weekends since I have family there, so UCLan might be the last choice for me, but again, if it has the highest reputation then I have to sacrifice things over the other.

Both UCLAN and Buckingham are already accredited by GMC but Brunel is a new med school starting from this year so will only receive full accreditation when their first cohort passes out.
Which out of Buckingham and UCLAN do u think is better?
Original post by drkapilg
Would like to know the pros and cons of these two universities for the Med program??
Especially for international students from Australia, given Brunel is a new course and Buckingham is a fully recognised course...

Hi guys..is there any webpage which gives information about the Brunel medicine course like then name of modules and what they cover etc?
Hello everyone I got offers from both Brunel and Buckingham but chose to go with Buckingham to start in jan 2023, the main reason for choosing so was the accreditation to the gmc, the shorter duration of the course and the price since my parents have offered to finance med school. I think it’s a personal choice, I’ve heard that both are great, good luck with your applications!
I’m not too sure about uclan, is it a private uni also?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, Could you please tell me the selection criteria for buckingham as I am planning to apply there.. How is your experience so far? Do you knwo how many internationa seats available there and lowest Ucat required?
Reply 7
Original post by qpalzm116
Hello everyone I got offers from both Brunel and Buckingham but chose to go with Buckingham to start in jan 2023, the main reason for choosing so was the accreditation to the gmc, the shorter duration of the course and the price since my parents have offered to finance med school. I think it’s a personal choice, I’ve heard that both are great, good luck with your applications!

How are you getting on at Buckingham? I'm interested in the course, the location, accomodation, any info would be great. Have applied to Buckingham for 2024, but wondering if I should also apply to Brunel and other medical schools as an international student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending