The Student Room Group

Which university is better for Medicine?

brunel vs buckingham vs uclan which one is better for studying medicine
Original post by renusehrawat773

Hi there, moved your thread over to the Medicine forum.

The university you go to doesn't matter one bit - NHS recruiters in fact don't know which university you went to, just that you have a degree in Medicine. So the best university is the one you like the most :smile:
Reply 2
The one you get an offer from. It is very common to not get an single offer for Medicine. The doctors in my family always said, a qualified doctor is a qualified doctor. It does not matter where you graduate from.

Hi there !

It is important when choosing a medical school that you look at what you want! I really wanted somewhere that offered early clinical contact which is why I chose UCLan as we have placement starting from year 1.

I'd also have a look at how they teach - is it traditional lectures, CBL, PBL, a mix? Different ways will work for different people!

If possible, I'd go and have a look round universities you're interested in as this will give you a feel for where you will be living for 5 years!

I've loved my time at UCLan so far so it is your decision, you have to do what is right for you!

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca, UCLan MBBS yr 4
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there !

It is important when choosing a medical school that you look at what you want! I really wanted somewhere that offered early clinical contact which is why I chose UCLan as we have placement starting from year 1.

I'd also have a look at how they teach - is it traditional lectures, CBL, PBL, a mix? Different ways will work for different people!

If possible, I'd go and have a look round universities you're interested in as this will give you a feel for where you will be living for 5 years!

I've loved my time at UCLan so far so it is your decision, you have to do what is right for you!

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca, UCLan MBBS yr 4
thanks 😊
Original post by BubblesBB
The one you get an offer from. It is very common to not get an single offer for Medicine. The doctors in my family always said, a qualified doctor is a qualified doctor. It does not matter where you graduate from.
thanks 😊
Don't get it into your head that you are 'better' than someone because of what University you went to or that a specific Uni is bad etc. In reality the place you studied at won't be taken into consideration when you enter the foundation programme.
Reply 7
Be careful with buckingham tho, pretty sure they are self funded private medical school. Unless you can afford 40k a year, i wouldn't have them as one of ur options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending