The Student Room Group

Have you ever met a black Irish/Welsh/Scottish person?

Is there a living black person out there who is Irish or Scottish or Welsh? well actually theres a black Scottish guy on youtube who says hes the only black Scottish man alive...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, the Demoman from TF2 is black and Scottish too
No but then again I haven't met many Irish, Scottish or Welsh people. I haven't many black people either come to think of it...
Original post by alexschmalex

What I was going to say.
Reply 4
Personally I live in London but I have cousins that live in Ireland, Dublin specifically. However I've never met a black Welsh or Scottish person but I'm sure there are some.
Reply 5
Original post by Waka Flocka
Is there a living black person out there who is Irish or Scottish or Welsh? well actually theres a black Scottish guy on youtube who says hes the only black Scottish man alive...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by iammeyouareyou
No but then again I haven't met many Irish, Scottish or Welsh people. I haven't many black people either come to think of it...

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What I was going to say.

Original post by oluquad
Personally I live in London but I have cousins that live in Ireland, Dublin specifically. However I've never met a black Welsh or Scottish person but I'm sure there are some.

you were saying?

[video="youtube;0vfvAJ-wiGo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfvAJ-wiGo[/video]
These type of folk are common in port areas like Liverpool and Cardiff.
Yes having lived in Wales I've met a few black Welsh people. I've never met any black Scots or Irish but that's because I've only met a small amount of Scots and Irishmen to begin with.
Reply 8
Yeah I'm related to a few black Scots. My great aunt married a black Scots man and then had kids together. Other than that, I can't say I know any others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know an Irish lad, yes.
I remember he used to call me "little pea" which annoyed the hell out of me because I am not little at all.
I actually found it rather cute, but it was still a tease
Original post by iammeyouareyou

Cousin is Welsh half-caste
Original post by Maura Kat
you were saying?

[video="youtube;0vfvAJ-wiGo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfvAJ-wiGo[/video]

The question asks for people that you've met. I said I hadn't met a black Irish / Scottish / Welsh person, I didn't say that there aren't any in existence. If you're talking about celebrities then there's Shirley Bassey who comes to mind.

You beat me.
You mean black Irish as in the exotic look Irish people have at times? Corr sisters, Colin Farrell etc? Because that's what Black Irish means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_people#Black_Irish

Or actual African and born and raised in Ireland?
(edited 9 years ago)
There are loads of black welsh people eg Collin Jackson, and I have a few Glaswegian cousins with thick accents which is quite funny

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've not met him, but Benji Webbe from Skindred sounds pretty Welsh to me:

Quick Reply

Latest