The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

After they give us the book lists (or tell us which books to get), how long do we have to buy the books? Cause if we want to buy them online, it might take a bit of time to send them right?
Reply 21
alexandra
After they give us the book lists (or tell us which books to get), how long do we have to buy the books? Cause if we want to buy them online, it might take a bit of time to send them right?

Is often a week or two (depending on how organised they are, if any new texts have come out or are due to etc) so you should have enough time:smile:
chriswhit
Is often a week or two (depending on how organised they are, if any new texts have come out or are due to etc) so you should have enough time:smile:

Ah right, great thanks :smile:
Reply 23
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Nutshells etc are only good for the very basics and tbh unless you are really struggling dont touch them as they will get you into bad habits of over simplyfying ... they are fine for learning the law but as already outlined they contain no policy arguments and so are indicative of a 2.2 grade or worse.

Indeed, but if you haven't scribbled down the facts of a particular case, they can provide some help albeit basic help. They only give you the basic rule, it's upto the reader to do further studying on the subject. However I found them useful when I was using them in conjunction with my notes, and really just trying to clarify the issues at play.

On a sidenote, I actually know a fair few people who pehaps glanced through their notes and studied intensly the nutshells and managed to pull off a decent grade. However I would never ever want them to ever represent me in a court of law!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending