The Student Room Group

Should I get my french remarked?

So basically I was only 2 or 3 UMS off the next grade (a*), and I'd been working at an a* all year, and it was my predicted grade. Obviously I'm not really disappointed, but my teachers and I think that I deserved the a*, and couldn't understand why I didn't get it.

Do you think it's worth asking for a remark? Its quite a bit of money which would be a shame to lose, but I have heard that AQA screwed up on their marking this year and I know that some people's scripts have gone up? it didn't affect my university place btw?

Thanks,
Original post by mickey27
So basically I was only 2 or 3 UMS off the next grade (a*), and I'd been working at an a* all year, and it was my predicted grade. Obviously I'm not really disappointed, but my teachers and I think that I deserved the a*, and couldn't understand why I didn't get it.

Do you think it's worth asking for a remark? Its quite a bit of money which would be a shame to lose, but I have heard that AQA screwed up on their marking this year and I know that some people's scripts have gone up? it didn't affect my university place btw?

Thanks,

Hey - it's up to you whether you want to get a remark or not. Personally, I'd say it isn't worth it as an A grade is great and you got into university... :smile: Remember grades can go down as well as up.

Ultimately the choice is yours to make, though. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest