The Student Room Group

A Level Remark

Is 7 marks off a B in English Lit worth getting a remark?
I have a similar sort of mark difference between getting a higher grade so I'd like to know this too!
It's happened before but it's quite unlikely. You should also bear in mind that whilst your marks could go up, they may also go down. I would only recommend going for it if this is going to affect your outcomes i.e. where you're going for University.

Speak to your teacher and see what they think before going ahead and please bear in mind the point about marks going up or down along with the unfortunate reality that it's quite unlikely the marker was off the mark by 7. All the best of luck!
Original post by loserclubs

Hey @loserclubs

First of all, a B in English Lit is great, congratulations! However, I understand that you may want a remark knowing you were so close to the next grade up.

Unfortunately, there's no definite answer to your question and there are many things you should consider before getting a remark:
- The grade is not guaranteed to change
- Are you happy with a B?
- Does this meet the entry requirements for the course you wanted? (if you're going to uni)
- Is it worth the additional time/money/stress to get a remark?
- Will you be able to go on not knowing? (I got a remark myself and while it didn't change, I'm glad I did it as I am too curious to have gone on otherwise) :biggrin:
- Speaking to your school/college may help guide your decision as they know your work best

Hope this helps! :smile:

Natalie
- University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
What are the chances of a successful remark, edexcel economics, never got below A star for mocks but final exam I got a B 7 marks off of the A boundary the paper I thought I did worst on was my highest, 64/100, 79/100, 70/100 should I send the 2 papers in?

It affects my firm and assurance, firm have already rejected me but if remarked to an A they would still accept, for assurance technically didn’t make AAA I have Astar AB so they are still deciding
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi @Asdf_idk

A*AB are really good grades, congratulations. However, I understand why you would like to consider a remark.

There are several factors that you can look at before making a decision to get a remark:

1) if your marks were to increase to A*AA, then your firm and assurance choices will both become available.

2) if your marks were to decrease, then you will not be able to meet the entry requirements. Therefore, would you have any back up choices?

3) Since you were 7 marks off from an A, it may be worth remarking, depending what the grade boundary for a B was.

4) for the 70/100 exam, it could be risky to send the paper in, depending how close you are to falling into a grade B.

5) Even if your grades do not change, would it be worth the time, money and stress?

There is unfortunately no definite answer to whether the remark will be successful. However speaking to your school and teachers may help to inform your decision. I hope this helps. :smile:

Chloe
- University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 6
Hi guys, for psychology I’m 4 marks off an A. Is it worth remarking? Considering what I’ve read above about the 7 marks. If I get 4 marks above I’ll be in my firm uni but idkkkkkk
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by yasg8
Hi guys, for psychology I’m 4 marks off an A. Is it worth remarking? Considering what I’ve read above about the 7 marks. If I get 4 marks above I’ll be in my firm uni but idkkkkkk

I would say yes

how do you even know your marks? I was just given my grades through my college email and that was that
How do you even know your grade?

I was just given my grades through my college email and that was that.
Original post by lamiyak0002
How do you even know your grade?

I was just given my grades through my college email and that was that.

What?? I assume you mean mark, but that was given on my results sheet. Pretty sure you can request the mark from your school otherwise.
Original post by toxicgamage56
What?? I assume you mean mark, but that was given on my results sheet. Pretty sure you can request the mark from your school otherwise.

sorry yes, i meant mark not grade!:smile:
Hi, what actually is the likelihood of bio going up 2 marks
Reply 13
Just in case anyone is interested I just got my remark back and I got 11 more marks for English Lit!
Just in case anyone is interested I just got my remark back and I got 11 more marks for English Lit!

That’s amazing! What exam board? I’m waiting on bio but can’t imagine anything fab because it’s not subjective :/
Reply 15
Original post by Mickjagger
That’s amazing! What exam board? I’m waiting on bio but can’t imagine anything fab because it’s not subjective :/

It was OCR

Quick Reply

Latest