The Student Room Group

Why do inexplicably arrogant and unsociable girls go clubbing ?

I came back from a night out yesterday , being one of the best clubbing experiences i've had . Most of the time my intention in going there would be to have a good time and hopefully pull , this time I literally couldn't give a **** and just wanted to dance it out on the dancefloor.

There were ridiculous amounts (and there always is ) of girls caked up in make up , wearing short skirts , standing around in the corners or in some circle on the dancefloor looking like they've just been told their mum has died and giving everyone the evils.

There was a time when I was dancing by myself and saw this cute alternative looking chick and after making eye contact I wanted to tell her I liked her dress , so I leant in a bit , but before I could finish my sentence she turned away like I tried to rape her with a horrified look on her face . I mean i'm not the best looking guy but i've had relationships etc , there was this other girl who was at the bar and I wanted to ask her if she was in the queue but before I could start speaking she told me she was here with her boyfriend .

There seems to be alarming amounts of girls with bitch shields up in clubs , I suppose I can understand why , but if you don't enjoy clubbing then why the hell are you there ?

There are better places to dance such as music events held all over london , better places to drink and socialize with your friends etc I can only presume these girls get some sort of thrill over destroying guys self esteem and getting attention , i've actually heard some of them admit it for that matter.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ParadiseFound

There seems to be alarming amounts of girls with bitch shields up in clubs , I suppose I can understand why , but if you don't enjoy clubbing then why the hell are you there ?

Er, maybe she enjoys clubbing but doesn't enjoy a boy invading her personal space? She was probably ****ting herself.
Reply 2
Maybe because they can do whatever they want and don't want desperate creeps approaching them?

Just one of countless possibilities.
That's why I never go to clubs looking to "pull". I just go when I'm drunk to have a bit of fun with friends.
They have low self esteem and need validation. Makes them feel better if they can pretend they're rejecting people who just want to find out if they're in the que :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Meduza
Maybe because they can do whatever they want and don't want desperate creeps approaching them?

Sorry , your telling me girls go to cesspits full of drunk horny men because they DONT want creeps approaching them ? Great logic .

Half of them aren't even dancing and look like they're having a **** time so I don't get why they go.
Reply 6
Who knows? What if you looked like a raper?
Original post by Mackay
Er, maybe she enjoys clubbing but doesn't enjoy a boy invading her personal space? She was probably ****ting herself.

Maybe its just me but I always saw the concept of clubbing as something which you do to mix with other people and enjoy yourselves together ? I mean surely if you just wanted to dance with your girlfriends you could just dance at home in a dingy room ?

One of the main attractions of clubbing is the atmosphere created by random people dancing together and the restrains of social norms being lifted ?

As for those girls on the dancefloor with their smartphones just wtaf
Original post by Ecro
Who knows? What if you looked like a raper?

While I agree it is not nice to have girls be rude to you ( I personally would not have handled it in a rude manner).
You have to take into account that these girls will literally get pestered ALL night by guys just trying to get them into bed, and eventually they will just snap and be rude because they aren't interested in that.

I go clubbing to dance with my friends and have drinks and laughs well into the early hours of the morning which you just can't do at pubs because they shut at 12, and you just don't get the same environment drinking at home.

If a guy approaches me and I'm not interested I'll say so but I'll be as polite as possible when I do it, though some guys just don't care if we are not interested and that is why a lot of the times girls get rude and just blunt, because sometimes just straight up saying you have a boyfriend is the only way they will leave you alone...and even then sometimes they still try to have it on with you.
Reply 10
Sorry , your telling me girls go to cesspits full of drunk horny men because they DONT want creeps approaching them ? Great logic .

Half of them aren't even dancing and look like they're having a **** time so I don't get why they go.

Yes that's what I'm saying - I never go to clubs with intention of getting laid, I just go to have fun, to drink and dance with my friends. As to why they didn't dance I don't know... maybe some of them do just need validation.
Reply 11

I thought people go clubbing to have a good time with friends? It's nice to go out for a change instead of wrecking the house every week plus it's a change of atmosphere. Some might go there to get frisky but the majority of people don't go clubbing to pull desperate men. You can approach them but I'm sure they would feel more safe if the guy wasn't acting creepy or too full on. I personally don't appreciate strangers grinding against me on the dance floor.

Now that's great logic.
Reply 12
Original post by Meduza

So a guy approaching a girl in a club for the first time is harassment? That's a first. The girl sounds like a right bitch tbh.
Reply 13
Original post by Ndella
So a guy approaching a girl in a club for the first time is harassment? That's a first. The girl sounds like a right bitch tbh.

I didn't say it was a harassment now did I.
But my point remains - maybe they are out with their friends and are not looking for anyone to go and get laid.
Original post by SophieSmall
While I agree it is not nice to have girls be rude to you ( I personally would not have handled it in a rude manner).
You have to take into account that these girls will literally get pestered ALL night by guys just trying to get them into bed, and eventually they will just snap and be rude because they aren't interested in that.

I go clubbing to dance with my friends and have drinks and laughs well into the early hours of the morning which you just can't do at pubs because they shut at 12, and you just don't get the same environment drinking at home.

If a guy approaches me and I'm not interested I'll say so but I'll be as polite as possible when I do it, though some guys just don't care if we are not interested and that is why a lot of the times girls get rude and just blunt, because sometimes just straight up saying you have a boyfriend is the only way they will leave you alone...and even then sometimes they still try to have it on with you.
thats all grand.but lads are expected to make the move so its messed up.

personally im happy letting the girls come to me for now
Reply 15
Original post by Meduza
I didn't say it was a harassment now did I.
But my point remains - maybe they are out with their friends and are not looking for anyone to go and get laid.

You may as well have said harassment; you told OP that he was invading her personal space. But yeah I understand, she still shouldn't have shot him down.
Validation.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
thats all grand.but lads are expected to make the move so its messed up.

personally im happy letting the girls come to me for now

I've always made the move in the past, but you're right it is the norm for guys to do it. That doesn't take away the fact girls who are approached don't have to like or want it.
Original post by SophieSmall
I've always made the move in the past, but you're right it is the norm for guys to do it. That doesn't take away the fact girls who are approached don't have to like or want it.

haha Im relying on girls like you:biggrin: fair play.

tbh the girl that makes the move is more attractive anyways..or at least hints it.

oh completely.but if you keep chasing girls..and let your standards drop it can very easily mess up your self esteem etc...

girls know most lads are up for it.they can make the hints if they want the lad.
dat pub life over dat club life anyday for me

Quick Reply

Latest