The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I need friends. :frown:
Reply 5981
Original post by Lil08
I need friends. :frown:

We all do, otherwise we wouldn't be on TSR :redface:
Reply 5982
Sorry for asking but what part of Pakistan are you guys from and if you don't mind caste/tribe, btw is Caste/tribe important to Pakistanis, especially for marriage etc
LOL yeah you gotta be fashionable but not too OTT otherwise you're not wife-material. Idk but the pashtun aunties I know of look for a roundish chubby face but slim body, it's like pick one, you cant have both mate...caste, well, let's put it this way..no one in my family has married a non pashto speaker :redface:

Ahh ok :biggrin:

Original post by XFD
Sorry for asking but what part of Pakistan are you guys from and if you don't mind caste/tribe, btw is Caste/tribe important to Pakistanis, especially for marriage etc

It is to the peeps where I'm from.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5984
Original post by Biryani007
LOL yeah you gotta be fashionable but not too OTT otherwise you're not wife-material. Idk but the pashtun aunties I know of look for a roundish chubby face but slim body, it's like pick one, you cant have both mate...caste, well, let's put it this way..no one in my family has married a non pashto speaker :redface:

Ahh ok :biggrin:

It is to the peeps where I'm from.

huh?
Original post by XFD
huh?

Caste is important to my family and all the other pakhtuns I know.
Reply 5986
Original post by Biryani007
Caste is important to my family and all the other pakhtuns I know.

Sorry I must have got confused with ethnicity wise and caste, I mean are you punjabi, pashtun, sindhi etc. Nice are you from Afghanistan or Pakistan?
Reply 5987
I'm a Gujjar from Gujrat, I know a few of my families married to Mirpuris, but I didn't know it was really common, I don't know what Dadyal is lol
Reply 5988
Lol thanks for the info, I thought that being in the UK inter-ethnic marriages would be becoming more common lol
Reply 5989
Yeah no issue lol, but personally for me I'd like to see some one in my family marry outside there ethnicity, I know one guy who did, but I wanna see how my family members would react to it, especially if it was me
Reply 5990
Lol I think so, soon kids will be dating and picking there own wives :P
Making dahi bhallay today. :pierre:
Original post by usycool1

don't like dahi ballay :hand:
Original post by XFD

From Karachi
Caste; Arain

It's important to the elder people, but not our younger generation.
2 of my cousins are married an neither of them are within caste :dontknow:
Varies though :h:
Original post by MrsMars
don't like dahi ballay :hand:

You've ripped apart my heart. :frown: I love dahi bhallay :love: :tongue:
You've ripped apart my heart. :frown: I love dahi bhallay :love: :tongue:

Aw honey :console:

Nah, I don't like them :hand:
But then again, I don't like a lot of all that Asian type stuff that we get :redface:
Original post by MrsMars
Aw honey :console:

Nah, I don't like them :hand:
But then again, I don't like a lot of all that Asian type stuff that we get :redface:

Next you'll be telling me you don't like cricket :zomg:

So what types of food do you like then? :holmes:
Next you'll be telling me you don't like cricket :zomg:

So what types of food do you like then? :holmes:

I don't :ninja:

I like Asain foo (like real food) but not the little side things you get, like dahi ballay, and rasmalai, and mithai, and kheer and that kinda stuff :redface:
Original post by MrsMars
I don't :ninja:

Oh really? :pierre:

:tongue:

I like Asain foo (like real food) but not the little side things you get, like dahi ballay, and rasmalai, and mithai, and kheer and that kinda stuff :redface:

That's fair enough. I don't like sweet food much (so I don't like mithai/rasmalai and all that stuff you listed) either. :no:
Original post by XFD
Sorry I must have got confused with ethnicity wise and caste, I mean are you punjabi, pashtun, sindhi etc. Nice are you from Afghanistan or Pakistan?

Pashtun pakistani afghan...
Guys I dont know all these names, what's a gujjar? and Chaudry?

I'm such a failure; I only know how to make it using the box mixes you get :lol:

Latest