The Student Room Group

Have I got no chance of studying law at cambridge

I always wanted to aim for Oxbridge and become a lawyer (might as well forget about Oxford!) I was predicted mostly As and a couple of Bs at GCSE and I ended up with:

English lit - A
English language - B
R.S - B
Science - B
Additional science - C
Maths - C
French - C
Geography - C
History - C
Drama - D

I was absolutely heart-broken! I don't mean to get my violin out but it was a really rough school, the teaching wasn't brilliant and I was bullied a lot so by the time it came to my exams I was stressed up to the eyeballs. It's such as shame because I was capable of doing really well.

The college I wanted to go to required A*-B but they still let me in and do the courses I chose: geography, history, biology and psychology.

So if I still get A* AA do I stand a chance at Cambridge? On their website it says there are no GCSE requirements for entry to Cambridge so that looks hopeful, but then again even Manchester require a minimum of A at GCSE English language and B at maths. What do you think?
Hmmmmmm... I'd say if you did manage to pull something out of the bag like 93+% UMS at AS Level you could potentially get an interview and then offer.
I was taken on a school trip to see one of the Colleges at Cambridge Uni (Queens').
We spoke to the admissions officer and they said that they do not usually look at GCSEs, they really only care about what you achieve at AS and A2.
I, however, think this differs depending on what college you apply for. Some of them value GCSE results more than others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending