The Student Room Group

Can't build friendships with flatmates

My contract for my halls started last Sunday but because freshers only started a few days ago I moved in on Friday instead. Three of my four flatmates all moved in earlier in the week and have made relationships with each other.

I've only really had a proper conversation with one guy and that was yesterday, but other than that we've only said a few words when walking in/out the kitchen. The two girls I've had half arsed attempts at a conversation with them for a few minutes each.

The problem is everyone is keeping to themselves in their room, with the only real friendship being the two girls have each other.

As an introvert, has anyone got any tips for me to get to know the girls better?

Outside of my flat, I'm meeting quite a few people on my block and get on with them, but I want to get to know my flatmates better if I'm living with them for a year.
Reply 1
Why not ask if anybody wants to go to town/the pub/have a film night?
Reply 2
Try keeping your door wide open so people can come and talk to you. Have you tried suggesting doing anything as a flat? Maybe saying you want to get to know everyone and having a few drinks in the flat (or a meal if you're not really drinks sort of people). You could invite a few other people from other flats too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending