The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Thats got to be the reason why :tongue:.

On a more serious note, i like the changes they made tbh. Only the winners of the top 7 leagues should be in pot 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't blame me for assuming though, people did not hold back on that topic boy!

Yes it does make more sense, however it does mean that the other pots will contain some big guns as well, for example RM could be in pot 2 if Barca wins La liga etc making the competition more fair and just....or so we think :colonhash: *chelsea cough cough*
Original post by Arkasia
Why are you even asking that idiotic question? Why can we not have both Welbeck and Giroud? Pathetic fans always complaining about what they have got and then wondering why players have no confidence.

Tell me one thing Welbeck adds to the team that Walcott doesn't. When Walcott is back, would you celebrate Welbeck leaving?

Because Giroud is ****ing ****.

Welbeck and Walcott don't play in the same position. However Welbeck is better in the air and much more dominating.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Can't blame me for assuming though, people did not hold back on that topic boy!

Yes it does make more sense, however it does mean that the other pots will contain some big guns as well, for example RM could be in pot 2 if Barca wins La liga etc making the competition more fair and just....or so we think :colonhash: *chelsea cough cough*

I think they were replying in a more jokey way than serious way to your post? :smile:

Basically whoever is in pot 2 would love to be drawn against the Russian or Portuguese champions. Yeah exactly. It'll make the group stages much more exciting and entertaining with more top clubs clashing. At minimum they'd be 2 games each worth watching in all the groups and hopefully now we wont have a majority of groups where qualification to the knockouts is almost secured after the 4th game in the group is played.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelfox
Because Giroud is ****ing ****.

Welbeck and Walcott don't play in the same position. However Welbeck is better in the air and much more dominating.

I presume since you are getting this angry that Giroud has murdered some of your relatives, or at the very least tortured your pet.

He is not as you crudely put it, terrible, he is a decent option for coming off the bench (a la Everton), and a good 3rd choice option, behind Welbeck and Walcott/Sanchez (depending on where Wenger settles them).
Original post by AR_95
Are you capable of making a positive post on this thread at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has a point though.
So tell me, did FIFA mainly decide to change the pot/seeding system because many people complained about us being in Pot 1 for the CL this year?

No it was the oil clubs lobbying departments that got it changed (specifically PSG and City). Teams that have only become relevant in Europe recently (or in PSGs case returned to prominence after a ten year absence) and thus have low coefficients wanted a way to improve their standings in the CL quicker than it can be done under the current system. Essentially more buying of success, though this method is actually more logical for Europe and more based in the traditions of the competition (its real name is the European Champion Clubs' Cup after all).
Original post by AR_95
Are you capable of making a positive post on this thread at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dat AngelDiMaria. Glorious ADM.

Inb4 Zurich comes on drunken rant about Arsenals past legends and Wenger holding the 2004 prem trophy.
Inb4 Peggles goes on a bitch fit cos she's roasting.
Inb4 Lucio posts a **** status and goes victim mode when somebody calls him up for it.
Inb4 SUG makes his 80th account that gets banned in 4 hours time.
Inb4 Zurich talks about redheads and how he's going to scotland to meet a fair skinned red haired lady.
Inb4 AngelFox gets another orgasm off Ozil misplacing passes all game.
Inb4 Lyrical Prodigy goes ADM mode.
Inb4 jam makes an accurate and valid prediction about your team, gets ganged up on then a few weeks later everybody is agreeing with what I said.

Arsenal thread in a ****ing nutshell.
(edited 9 years ago)
^ Why don't you bet on every arsenal match then, since you're Mr right you're guaranteed to rake in lots of cash
Reply 1988
Yeah jam why ain't you making them big bucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are you lot being so defensive? To make cash you need to use cash that you have.

Think I struck a nerve.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
why are you lot being so defensive? To make cash you need to use cash that you have.

Tbh you are homophobic, you insulted me when you called gays nasty names.
Original post by Tom_Ford

I didn't call homosexual people anything nasty. All I said is that they shouldn't throw it at people's faces, I'm a fan of equality but not a fan of gay pride/slut walk etc. There are better ways to do it and tbh these marches probably breeds more hate in the community than pride. It's similar to black people going in white communities and repeatedly calling themselves "****ers." Are you ****ing serious. The word people used when they hung you up a tree. Or the black people who sit on the back of a bus playing music. Rosa Parks didn't go through that **** for no reason. It's not a statement, just produces more hate or shows the majority why you were vilified.

Plus anyway I'd be the biggest hypocrite if I was a homophobe because I love women who are bisexual.

I'd also say it's not a good thing to call somebody gay, considering it initially meant strange.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ozil just needs to put on some weight while he's out injured and he will have successfully become the new Arshavin.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
I think they were replying in a more jokey way than serious way to your post? :smile:

Basically whoever is in pot 2 would love to be drawn against the Russian or Portuguese champions. Yeah exactly. It'll make the group stages much more exciting and entertaining with more top clubs clashing. At minimum they'd be 2 games each worth watching in all the groups and hopefully now we wont have a majority of groups where qualification to the knockouts is almost secured after the 4th game in the group is played.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No what I meant by 'people did not hold back boy' wasn't about this thread, I was saying that a lot of people irl generally had a lot to say about Arsenal being in pot 1 so that's why I just thought that may have been the sole reason to the system changing.

Original post by Pete_91
No it was the oil clubs lobbying departments that got it changed (specifically PSG and City). Teams that have only become relevant in Europe recently (or in PSGs case returned to prominence after a ten year absence) and thus have low coefficients wanted a way to improve their standings in the CL quicker than it can be done under the current system. Essentially more buying of success, though this method is actually more logical for Europe and more based in the traditions of the competition (its real name is the European Champion Clubs' Cup after all).

Oh I see, do you like the new system personally then?
I don't even know what ADM mode is lol jam :lol:

Call me crazy...
Original post by Tom_Ford

Has less emphasis when you're a person who supports and finds racism funny.
(edited 9 years ago)
Walcott and Gnabry back in training, Ramsey soon to be. Looking good.
I don't even know what ADM mode is lol jam :lol:

Call me crazy...

I can only think of Angel Di Maria, not sure what that mode would be then :confused:
Original post by jam277
Dat AngelDiMaria. Glorious ADM.

Inb4 Zurich comes on drunken rant about Arsenals past legends and Wenger holding the 2004 prem trophy.
Inb4 Peggles goes on a bitch fit cos she's roasting.
Inb4 Lucio posts a **** status and goes victim mode when somebody calls him up for it.
Inb4 SUG makes his 80th account that gets banned in 4 hours time.
Inb4 Zurich talks about redheads and how he's going to scotland to meet a fair skinned red haired lady.
Inb4 AngelFox gets another orgasm off Ozil misplacing passes all game.
Inb4 Lyrical Prodigy goes ADM mode.
Inb4 jam makes an accurate and valid prediction about your team, gets ganged up on then a few weeks later everybody is agreeing with what I said.

Arsenal thread in a ****ing nutshell.

Other than the last one, this is way too funny (and shamefully accurate).
Haha. Its funny. All the Arsenal users on the internet are split into 3 groups. Blind supporters, objective thinkers and the WengerOut brigade. The former and the latter are always on the offensive. So much that an objective opinion will be blindly lambasted.

Latest