The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by leinad2012
Just read that Pointless got more viewers than the England game on the weekend looooooooool

Its a quality program.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lmao. That's a new low, although pointless is a good general knowledge show though!

Love the way the media just rides all over Man Utd injury list. We've had an injury list just as long maybe even longer for about 6 years and no one says nothing. Watch that become an excuse if the match doesn't go their way. They've got enough competent players to deal with us regardless.

Tbh it didn't surprise me, I used to watch every game England played but now they just play boring football.

Haha ikr tbh its just because of the media love in with lvg probably what the student mou has taught the teacher.

Right now I'm full Kevin Keegan on this **** "I would love it if we beat them"
Lmao. That's a new low, although pointless is a good general knowledge show though!

Love the way the media just rides all over Man Utd injury list. We've had an injury list just as long maybe even longer for about 6 years and no one says nothing. Watch that become an excuse if the match doesn't go their way. They've got enough competent players to deal with us regardless.

Arsenals injuries are pretty much always mentioned lmao. You come out with so much ****
Original post by baconbutty
Arsenals injuries are pretty much always mentioned lmao. You come out with so much ****

Yes but not constantly by the media, and with us its always "Wenger should have bought a back up" with Man u its "poor old lvg he's had it so tough at united with his injury crisis" even though he spent £150mil on the wrong players and has shelled out at least £10mil on one players loan wages
Tbh it didn't surprise me, I used to watch every game England played but now they just play boring football.

Haha ikr tbh its just because of the media love in with lvg probably what the student mou has taught the teacher.

Right now I'm full Kevin Keegan on this **** "I would love it if we beat them"

It would fully make my weekend if we were somehow able to beat them.
Anyway will you be watching Scot v Eng tonight? I know it's only a friendly but at least the rivalry is worth seeing.

Yes but not constantly by the media, and with us its always "Wenger should have bought a back up" with Man u its "poor old lvg he's had it so tough at united with his injury crisis" even though he spent £150mil on the wrong players and has shelled out at least £10mil on one players loan wages

Exactly.

It's because of people like you that certain users don't come on this thread any more. You never say anything nice, instead you just epitomise arrogance.
Anyway will you be watching Scot v Eng tonight? I know it's only a friendly but at least the rivalry is worth seeing.

It would make my month, at least half the ppl at my uni are typical united fans, none have been to a game. Probably will watch it tonight, derby game!
I hope Arsenal beat United but Arsene Wenger has been and will be till he leaves an absolutely incompetent and toothless manager when it comes to big games. 3-1 to United.
It would make my month, at least half the ppl at my uni are typical united fans, none have been to a game. Probably will watch it tonight, derby game!

Me too! A few of the people I know from a flat in uni are half United fans half Arsenal fans and one Crystal Palace fan so it should be fun to watch. There will be scenes that day! Literally everyone has betted/put an accumulator in for this weekend's football.
So what's your gut feeling about this one?

Stopped reading when I saw it was an article by Adrian Durham.

The guy talks so much **** it's a miracle he's still in paid employment. Even The Metro is too good for his nonsense.

And they're right to say that arsenal have 6 first team defenders and wenger consistently neglects the same areas of the team so why would the media be apologists for his stupidity?

Utd have 8 of their first team out ofcourse people will sympathise with that the same way they would with any team
Original post by sr90
Stopped reading when I saw it was an article by Adrian Durham.

The guy talks so much **** it's a miracle he's still in paid employment. Even The Metro is too good for his nonsense.

Seconded. The Daily Mail sports column is the equivalent of a few mentally impaired, hideously biased morons who have been allowed to have a dangerously large audience.

Usually go to the Guardian or The Mirror for Arsenal stuff. The Mirror only because John Cross is so obviously on the Arsenal payroll.

I can see a 0-0 draw or an Arsenal win.

0-0 because last season we played for a draw and so did United when they were there for the taking. I remember in stoppage time Carrick had the ball on the halfway line and instead of taking a chance and passing it forward, he hit it all the way back to his keeper. More alarming was how we had 11 men behind the ball, no pressing at all. The fear of the big teams still hasn't dissipated as far as I can see. After the loss against Swansea, I don't think playing against United is the ideal fixture to steady the ship and regain confidence. But this is at my most pessimistic.

I can't see us losing, we don't lose at home and didn't to any of the big teams last season. We more than held our own against City and should have won if there wasn't such a naive lapse of concentration. It's cliche, but it's either extreme fear or extreme naivety that seems to cost us in these games. Either we sit back and defend very poorly, or fly forward with no regards to defence.

Exactly.

It's because of people like you that certain users don't come on this thread any more. You never say anything nice, instead you just epitomise arrogance.

So people don't come on this thread because they don't like being called out on the *******s they come out with like you? Good to know

unsurprising the fans share the same defeatist mentality as the club
Original post by somemightsay888
Seconded. The Daily Mail sports column is the equivalent of a few mentally impaired, hideously biased morons who have been allowed to have a dangerously large audience.

Usually go to the Guardian or The Mirror for Arsenal stuff. The Mirror only because John Cross is so obviously on the Arsenal payroll.

I can see a 0-0 draw or an Arsenal win.

0-0 because last season we played for a draw and so did United when they were there for the taking. I remember in stoppage time Carrick had the ball on the halfway line and instead of taking a chance and passing it forward, he hit it all the way back to his keeper. More alarming was how we had 11 men behind the ball, no pressing at all. The fear of the big teams still hasn't dissipated as far as I can see. After the loss against Swansea, I don't think playing against United is the ideal fixture to steady the ship and regain confidence. But this is at my most pessimistic.

I can't see us losing, we don't lose at home and didn't to any of the big teams last season. We more than held our own against City and should have won if there wasn't such a naive lapse of concentration. It's cliche, but it's either extreme fear or extreme naivety that seems to cost us in these games. Either we sit back and defend very poorly, or fly forward with no regards to defence.

Van Gaal will be a bit more attack minded than Moyes was. I'm pretty sure Moyes told our sorry excuse for a midfield last season that it was forbidden to play a forward pass, that 0-0 last season was dire.

Reports today are indicating that De Gea, Carrick, Jones & Falcao will all be in the squad. If that's true then I can't see us losing, we have a fantastic record against Arsenal. Score draw is the most likely outcome I think, and i'd take that.
Original post by sr90
Van Gaal will be a bit more attack minded than Moyes was. I'm pretty sure Moyes told our sorry excuse for a midfield last season that it was forbidden to play a forward pass, that 0-0 last season was dire.

Reports today are indicating that De Gea, Carrick, Jones & Falcao will all be in the squad. If that's true then I can't see us losing, we have a fantastic record against Arsenal. Score draw is the most likely outcome I think, and i'd take that.

I can't see a score draw unfortunately. I think the team that gets ahead will stay ahead. I know we'll be naive in attack if we go behind and leave space open to the counter. I know if we go ahead we'll likely shut up shop just to get a bit of confidence back. I hope both teams go at it a bit instead of the sorry affair we got last year. Wenger is a poor manager tactically, but I think he knows we need a result to stem the flow. I hope, pray he'll give our defensive duties some thought. I would have gone to this game too if it wasn't for pressing Uni duties :frown:
So people don't come on this thread because they don't like being called out on the *******s they come out with like you? Good to know

unsurprising the fans share the same defeatist mentality as the club

Lol there's a way to say it. My posts aren't everyone cup of tea, there different types of fans who share different views. Bacon, if you don't like it then you can quite frankly put me on your ignore list, it's simple. Because I'm going to carry on posting here the way I want even if it does translate as crap to you, I have as much right to discuss on here as you. :smile:
Original post by somemightsay888
I can't see a score draw unfortunately. I think the team that gets ahead will stay ahead. I know we'll be naive in attack if we go behind and leave space open to the counter. I know if we go ahead we'll likely shut up shop just to get a bit of confidence back. I hope both teams go at it a bit instead of the sorry affair we got last year. Wenger is a poor manager tactically, but I think he knows we need a result to stem the flow. I hope, pray he'll give our defensive duties some thought. I would have gone to this game too if it wasn't for pressing Uni duties :frown:

Is either teams defence good enough to do that though? I don't think they are.
Original post by sr90
Is either teams defence good enough to do that though? I don't think they are.

I agree, I don't think they are, hence why I said "poorly" :biggrin: What about yourself, you go to games? (Not being insulting, just curious as to what the atmosphere is like there)
Utd will beat us, fairly comfortably, absolutely no doubt about these results against them any more. Genuinely think they have some kind of hoodoo over us since they cheated us out of that 50th win in 2004, and it never matters if we're the better team or not seemingly. RVP to score the winner and celebrate wildly with Van Gaal on the touchline.

Only home game I can remember since 2004 when we've genuinely looked comfortable against them was the 2-1 in 2007, and even that took a last minute winner from a living legend FFS. Last year Utd were a mis table side and we arguably should have lost but for a Szcz worldie. 2012 theyd already won the title and we could only draw against a hungover side when we needed the points. 2012 we battered them with AOC for 90m and still only scrapped a draw, and every other year has just been soul crushingly predictable. Even under Fergie, absolutely bang average players like O'Shea and Park would just dismantle us and I expect more of the same from McNair and Valencia.

Maybe Alexis Sanchez will just go for the throat though tbf, this guy just doesnt give a ****. :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Won't Carrick be playing CB? Jones surely isn't fit enough to start?

Latest