The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsene, Arsene, Arsene...I dont want you sacked. But every dog has his day. The Sun will not shine on Islington like it did when I was 9 Arsene. When I used to hang about for autographs Arsene, I never got yours!

Football moves on, and the day Arsene leaves will be the day I wont stop crying/ But that day has come. Please stay out the season and hand it to a man who wants the titlle....
(edited 9 years ago)
Actually forget that, I agreed to go with Wenger until the end. We'll go until we are refused service in the Mother Redcap....until the end.
(edited 9 years ago)
It was better with Tony Adams, Ray Parlours and Martin Keown.....

The joy has been taken out...and now we just qualify for the CL. Arsenal boys are better than that.

At least back then they knew how to celebrate, we just qualify, to qualify..........that's not Arsenal....It really isnt

I miss the days when Tony Adams would use Chelsea as a hangover cure, I really do. Like another piece of cloth.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 583
These anecdotes though

Posted from TSR Mobile
When Tony Adams went inside for drunk driving, in for 3 months. You know what he asked for in terms of his reading? He asked for the Arsenal programmes.

I can not believe Cesc is even mentioned in the same breathy as that.

Mr.Arsenal

(edited 9 years ago)
Arsenal will never be that again. I didnt really understand why Adams was so special, I just knew that he was one of us. If he wasnt out on the pitch playing, he'd be here in boozer drinking with us, My dad used had a few pints with him in Half Moon on the Holloway Road. ]

I genuinely think I grew up in the last of that era.

Real Arsenal men, like Brady, Adams, Heny....
(edited 9 years ago)
This generation are a joke tbh. No hope generation. We're a boring lot. The previous generation were an obnoxious lot for sure, but at least they had some life to them. What is this generation responsible for creating? Twitter?
I also hate what is effectively the death of the pub and that whole community spirit. Replaced by horrid club/bar hybrids where your weekend millionaires snort their coke and live in their delusional vanity.
Original post by Tom_Ford
This generation are a joke tbh. No hope generation. We're a boring lot. The previous generation were an obnoxious lot for sure, but at least they had some life to them. What is this generation responsible for creating? Twitter?

I always respected the older generation for their ability to start massive anti-Spurs without getting the Jewish stuff out of control. If you can mug the yids off about going to Rome with a foreskin, then you're a better man than me.

Tony Adams, Paul Merson and Niall Quill were too drunk to intervene.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tom_Ford

The founders of twitter are a generation older than us (unless you're in your late 30s or early 40s).
Do you think the players are aware of how the fans review their performances?
Reply 591
Original post by shawn_o1
Do you think the players are aware of how the fans review their performances?

They probably know, but if so, it is a remote sort of knowledge that doesn't really affect them that much. Remember, they are a) on the gravy train and b) surrounded by sycophants.

I think young players have had the real leadership / "winning mentality" coached out of them somehow (either by parents / family structure or youth setups). I genuinely can't think of a single young English player whom I would describe as a "winner". Rooney was probably the last one. Probably is just me though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing you've said on an arsenal thread, you have to be trolling.

You just love mou and co with their "us against the world" "we're the underdog" everyone hates us mentality. Its quite pathetic tbf.... Chelsea are obvious favourites and you know it

Not really, just saying that because a lot of people believe something it doesn't make it true. Religion e.g.

People thought Torres at Chelsea was a better option than Sturridge or Lukaku, I disagreed and who was right e.g?
Most people thought that the sun orbited the earth, galileo thought otherwise, who was right?
I am just a revolutionary who is not scared of having a different opinion to others, provided I am right. If Mourinho wasn't the manager we'd be second favourites, if you swapped managers we'd be in City's position right now and everybody knows it. As much as I dislike Mou, he is a genius.
Original post by Isometrix
If Yaya went into this season with the same form as last, City would be favourites. He was so influential in their title win last year, shame about his personal mishaps over the summer like his brother dying. But the birthday cake fiasco was just ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally think the birthday cake fiasco was him being upset at his brother's death and not thinking straight.
Original post by jam278
Not really, just saying that because a lot of people believe something it doesn't make it true. Religion e.g.

People thought Torres at Chelsea was a better option than Sturridge or Lukaku, I disagreed and who was right e.g?
Most people thought that the sun orbited the earth, galileo thought otherwise, who was right?
I am just a revolutionary who is not scared of having a different opinion to others, provided I am right. If Mourinho wasn't the manager we'd be second favourites, if you swapped managers we'd be in City's position right now and everybody knows it. As much as I dislike Mou, he is a genius.

Woah bro you're so hipster and unique. I think the real reason is you're covering your arse like mou did last year in case it all goes tits up best of both worlds if you win the league it doesnt matter and if you don't then you were right...
(edited 9 years ago)
Chelsea next week:

(stolen from goonersworld)
Original post by llys
I think young players have had the real leadership / "winning mentality" coached out of them somehow (either by parents / family structure or youth setups). I genuinely can't think of a single young English player whom I would describe as a "winner". Rooney was probably the last one. Probably is just me though.

Raheem Sterling
Original post by Quickmedicalhelp
jam is the oracle

Thanks, at least you know.
Original post by jam278
Majority of the world thought that the world was flat.

Jam stop trolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Woah bro you're so hipster and unique. I think the real reason is you're covering your arse like mou did last year in case it all goes tits up best of both worlds if you win the league it doesnt matter and if you don't then you were right...

Not even.

I believe we will win the title, but it would be an amazing achievement for us to win the title with very clear weaknesses in our squad, such as at RW and our backup CMs are Ramires and Mikel. An injury to Fabregas and we're struggling in that CM position badly.

Original post by Numan786
Jam stop trolling

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's now trolling to state facts. Lets all chat some crap because it means we are no longer making inflammatory comments. :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest