The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Giroud had a better season than all of our strikers last season...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would've been impossible for him not to with the amount of service he was getting from our team. Still, shows how much your team relied on defence then, doesn't it. Either way, I cannot be bothered to get into another argument, since that's all football threads seem to do, so I wish you a good day.
*Waits for the abuse* *Que financial bank statements* *Que the 'our club is bigger than yours' war*
Original post by cleveradam
This is why Mourinho will always be a million times better than Wenger.
Mourinho adapts and changes to different situations and is versatile.
Wenger has been on the same crack for 18 seasons...
As long as Wenger stays, Arsenal will never be successful again.

Meh let talk about Wenger at the end of the season. Mou is a good manager but don't over do it mate.

There been alot of investment in the Chelsea playing staff over the last 3 seasons which totals around £280M spent which generally puts Chelsea ahead of the rest domestically and in Europe. Don't get me wrong, Chelsea's transfers over the last two summers has impressive although £30M for Willian is looking a little suspect
The 'Holier than thou' brigade are back. God I've missed them.

Can't see you lot hiring Simeone far too temperemntal despite how good a manager he is. Most likely are Klopp who like Wenger has had to rebuild for a good few years after losing key players; or Conte perhaps after the Euro's if they don't do too well.

Would love to see you not win anything for the next two years and then win the League Cup or FA Cup and give Wenger another juicy new contract, under the pretence that you're 'making progress'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Who in this current day and age of football would you suggest would be more suited? Cos who knows the old man might not retire for years and by then other mangers would have come through maybe

Honestly I haven't got a clue who I want to take over. I'm being slightly over critical of potential candidates tbh but Gazidis has the right idea of what direction we should go in. I think the typical passing possession based style managers will pop up. I can see the club pushing for Frank de Boer tbh
Check Prod out speaking Spanish
Original post by sevchenko
Meh let talk about Wenger at the end of the season. Mou is a good manager but don't over do it mate.

There been alot of investment in the Chelsea playing staff over the last 3 seasons which totals around £280M spent which generally puts Chelsea ahead of the rest domestically and in Europe. Don't get me wrong, Chelsea's transfers over the last two summers has impressive although £30M for Willian is looking a little suspect

They make it back though. 120m for Mata, Lukaku and Luiz.
Leeeeaaave it Shed End.
Original post by Juan Mata
They make it back though. 120m for Mata, Lukaku and Luiz.

I didn't mention outgoing sales because it's irrelevant to what I was talking about. My focus was solely on investment into the squad which totals around £230M
I didn't mention outgoing sales because it's irrelevant to what I was talking about. My focus was solely on investment into the squad which totals around £230M

Course it's not irrelevant. If they didn't make so much they wouldn't have spent so much.
Leeeeaaave it Shed End.

Course it's not irrelevant. If they didn't make so much they wouldn't have spent so much.

"My focus was solely on investment into the squad"

Lmao had a bad day Anhar?

Nope, I'm feeling ****ing epic because Chelsea are playing pretty well. Wbu?

Your argument was that the large investment into the squad makes Mourinho's achievement's less impressive. So spending large amounts of money decreases how high you rate Mourinho, but making large amounts of money doesn't increase how high you rate him. Interdasting.

What's the point of that?, if you want o raise a fair point then don't cherrypick facts. Besides if there's anyone you should be having a go at over that in the last few years then it's United who's gross spend the last two/3 years must be over £200 million.
Your argument was that the large investment into the squad makes Mourinho's achievement's less impressive. So spending large amounts of money decreases how high you rate Mourinho, but making large amounts of money doesn't increase how high you rate him. Interdasting.

No that wasn't my argument, re read my post. It was that Investment in players over the last 3 seasons has placed Chelsea at the very top level of Domestic and European football which generally placed them a level above Arsenal and Mou above Wenger. That is all. I'm not trying devalue Mourinho's achievements at all

Why are you trying to make something out of nothing? (Rhetorical question)
Original post by The Shed End
What's the point of that?, if you want o raise a fair point then don't cherrypick facts. Besides if there's anyone you should be having a go at over that in the last few years then it's United who's gross spend the last two/3 years must be over £200 million.

We've spent £180m in 2014. If you include the permanent fee for Falcao (a deal has probably been agreed already) it's well over £200m.
Original post by sr90
We've spent £180m in 2014. If you include the permanent fee for Falcao (a deal has probably been agreed already) it's well over £200m.

As well as the fees for Mata, Fellaini and Van Persie. When was the last time you actually got a decent fee for a player leaving, most of the recent ones have either gone or loan, Cleverly, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, or end of their contracts, Rio, Vidic, Evra. Was Kagawa's fee back to Dortmund ever released, can't imagine it being more than £10 million.
Original post by Arkasia
It would've been impossible for him not to with the amount of service he was getting from our team. Still, shows how much your team relied on defence then, doesn't it. Either way, I cannot be bothered to get into another argument, since that's all football threads seem to do, so I wish you a good day.

Giroud got good service from who exactly? Cazorla and ozil who had **** seasons? Walcott who spent the whole season out? Rosicky?

Absolute *******s
Original post by The Shed End
As well as the fees for Mata, Fellaini and Van Persie. When was the last time you actually got a decent fee for a player leaving, most of the recent ones have either gone or loan, Cleverly, Nani, Anderson, Hernandez, or end of their contracts, Rio, Vidic, Evra. Was Kagawa's fee back to Dortmund ever released, can't imagine it being more than £10 million.

Mata was in 2014

Latest