The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenmhari
I can't decide whether to apply for this or politics with public policy! My statement is directed towards Law and Politics yet I talk about Philosophy too! I'm applying for Law at some Uni's and politics at others what did you all apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for politics and philosophy at Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Aberdeen, and PPE at Oxford (but I know that's not happening). I think a lot of the politics course at Glasgow is political philosophy so if you did public policy you could still study a bit of philosophy. It must have been really tricky to write your personal statement trying to fit so many subjects in.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by NEScotlandGirl
I applied for politics and philosophy at Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Aberdeen, and PPE at Oxford (but I know that's not happening). I think a lot of the politics course at Glasgow is political philosophy so if you did public policy you could still study a bit of philosophy. It must have been really tricky to write your personal statement trying to fit so many subjects in.

Nice choices😊 that's great! Thanks! I've applied for Politics with Public Policy now - just waiting for my school to send it off! Yeah, it was difficult! Luckily Law, Politics and Philosophy link together really well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who's got offers, what grades do they want you to achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maaarviin
Anyone who's got offers, what grades do they want you to achieve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For maths & physics with direct entry to second year, AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Has anyone receieved an offer for geography? if so, what conditions? :smile:
Original post by laurenmhari
Nice choices that's great! Thanks! I've applied for Politics with Public Policy now - just waiting for my school to send it off! Yeah, it was difficult! Luckily Law, Politics and Philosophy link together really well

Posted from TSR Mobile

well good luck I'm sure you'll get in. What did you get last year.
well good luck I'm sure you'll get in. What did you get last year.

Hopefully, thanks! Good luck to you with all of your choices😊 I got 4 As at Higher (English, Philosophy, Modern Studies and Music) what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I got 4 As (Maths, Business Management, Modern Studies, and Philosophy) and a B (English). With 4 As you should get an offer
I got 4 As (Maths, Business Management, Modern Studies, and Philosophy) and a B (English). With 4 As you should get an offer

Nice!! I really hope so😊 thanks! I'm sure you'll get offers for all of your places with those grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for Biochemistry?
Offer of AAB for Theoretical Physics!!
Reply 71
Just got an unconditional to study Modern History! :biggrin:
Original post by corsica

Original post by Infinity_4652
Offer of AAB for Theoretical Physics!!

Congrats both! :biggrin: maybe see you next september :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corsica

Congrats!!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corsica
Just got rejected from Glasgow to study History, with this message:

Your application for this choice has been unsuccessful.

Reason for Unsuccessful

Your qualifications grades do not meet the minimum requirements for this programme.

This really confused me, as my grades are:

Higher: A1 A1 A1 A2 A2
Standard/Int 2: AAAAABBB

Do I really not meet the necessary requirements? I am an early applicant as I have also applied to Cambridge, could this be a reason do you think? Has this happened to anybody else? Thanks! :frown:

Maybe you were missing a required subject?
Just sent off my UCAS to have my reference attached! Hopefully means it'll be with the universities in the coming days :biggrin:

Applying for Maths/Physics, Maths and Physics with Astrophysics, meet the entry requirements and subjects so fingers crossed I may see some of you there in September!! :redface:
Original post by jackamakka
Just sent off my UCAS to have my reference attached! Hopefully means it'll be with the universities in the coming days :biggrin:

Applying for Maths/Physics, Maths and Physics with Astrophysics, meet the entry requirements and subjects so fingers crossed I may see some of you there in September!! :redface:

I applied for maths and physics too, I got my offer within 4 days so you will probably hear back really quick! Did you apply for second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an unconditional offer to study Business and Management!
Original post by rachelc142
I applied for maths and physics too, I got my offer within 4 days so you will probably hear back really quick! Did you apply for second year entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh that's quick! Going to annoy my referee today and get her to send it fast then!

I've only applied to 1st year entry, I'm not taking enough subjects to receive a conditional for 2nd year
Original post by jackamakka
Ooh that's quick! Going to annoy my referee today and get her to send it fast then!

I've only applied to 1st year entry, I'm not taking enough subjects to receive a conditional for 2nd year

haha yeah do! I loved Glasgow, really excited that I might end up there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending