The Student Room Group

Glasgow LNAT Score 2024

Hi, I got 22 on my LNAT, is that enough for Glasgow Law requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AllThingsLaw1405

I got a 19 and was wondering the same thing
Reply 2

I got 21 and was wondering the same thing 🙈
Reply 3
Does anyone know if Glasgow Uni would make an conditional offer even after an unsatisfactory LNAT score, or is this completely unheard of? As I've only seen conditional offers in the past as 'Satisfactory LNAT completition'. 😊
Reply 4
i got a 24 and i got an offer from glasgow a few weeks back for common law.
Reply 5

got a 22 too and wondering the same ahaha
Got 24 on the LNAT but got 4As and a B in my highers last year so hoping that compensates for it slightly😂😂
It's so hard to say I think. I got 31 and really happy with that but it's just one part really. Grades, PS, etc so we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed - good luck everyone!

i got 22 and got an offer btw
Reply 9
Original post by mahamoody0001

i got 22 and got an offer btw

For Scot’s or common ?
Original post by Hopefulug
For Scot’s or common ?

common
Original post by mahamoody0001
common

Are you a Scottish student?? Also what are your predicted???
Reply 12
Does anyone know what the cut-off score for LNAT results will be this year? Do they usually base this off of the average score?
I saw this correspondence between a possibly applicant and the university of Glasgow in 2021. It’s is available at: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lnat_statistics_14/response/1891258/attach/html/3/20211006%20RESPONSE%20F1209587.pdf.html

I will paste this below:
06 October 2021
Our Ref: FOI 2021/301 - F1209587

Dear Nicoletta Epaminonda,

Re: Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 Request for Information

Thank you for your email which was received by the University on 21 June timed 13:20 hours,
requesting the following:

(1) In the years 2020-2021, was there a cut-off LNAT score for applicants (i.e. a
minimum LNAT score under which applicants will not be considered)?

(2) If so, what was this cut-off score?

(3) In any event, what was the average LNAT MCQ score for successful applicants (i.e.
applicants to whom an offer was made) in the above-mentioned application cycle?

(4) Does the university take into account the LNAT essay at all and, if so, in what way
and to what extent?

University’s Response

We apologise for the delay in responding to your request.

1. In the year 2020-2021, was there a cut-off LNAT score for applicants (i.e. a minimum
LNAT score under which applicants will not be considered)?
2. If so, what was this cut-off score?

The cut-off LNAT score for applicants in year 2020-2021 was 18. However, applicants who
had excellent certified study and a LNAT score below the cut-off were not automatically
excluded from offer consideration.

3. In any event, what was the average LNAT MCQ score for successful applicants (i.e.
applicants to whom an offer was made) in the above-mentioned application cycle?

DATA PROTECTION AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION OFFICE
University of Glasgow, Tay House, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Data Protection: Telephone: 0141-330-3111 (tel:0141-330-3111) E-Mail: [email protected]
Freedom of Information: Telephone: 0141-330-2523 (tel:0141-330-2523) E-Mail: [email protected]
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401

The average score for successful applicants was 20.

4. Does the university take into account the LNAT essay at all and, if so, in what way
and to what extent?

The LNAT is in two parts: a multiple choice test (MCQ) designed to test verbal reasoning skil s
and an essay.

Currently, the University takes only the multiple test score into account and does not routinely
read the essay. However, the essay may be taken into account in making a decision where
there is good reason to do so. For example, in the instance that the applicant’s LNAT MCQ
score is borderline, alongside other applicant’s LNAT MCQ score and the certified study of the
same group of applicants are also of equal standing, the LNAT essay may be relied upon to
differentiate those applicants where a defined number of offers remain to be made. However,
the LNAT score influences both decisions as to whether to make an offer and whether to
admit a student who has not satisfied the offer conditions. A minimum LNAT score to be
achieved is not set in advance by the University.

The supply of documents under the terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
does not give the applicant or whoever receives the information any right to re-use it in such a
way that might infringe the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (for example, by making
multiple copies, publishing or otherwise distributing the information to other individuals and the
public). The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (Consequential Modifications) Order
2004 ensured that Section 50 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (“CDPA”) applies
to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (“FOISA”).

Breach of copyright law is an actionable offence and the University expressly reserves its rights
and remedies available to it pursuant to the CDPA and common law. Further information on
copyright is available at the following website:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/copy.htm (http://www.ipo.gov.uk/copy.htm)
Your right to seek a review

Should you be dissatisfied with the way in which the University has dealt with your request, you
have the right to require us to review our actions and decisions. If you wish to request a review,
please contact the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Office at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])within
40 working days. Your request must be in a recordable format (letter, email, audio tape, etc).
As the University of Glasgow is a Scottish Public Authority, your request is subject to the terms
of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (“FOISA”). You wil receive a full response
to your request for review within 20 working days of its receipt.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we have handled your request for review you may
ask the Scottish Information Commissioner to review our decision. You must submit your

complaint to the Commissioner within 6 months of rec
eiving the response to review letter. The
Commissioner’s Office may be contacted as follows:
Original post by ish_k
I got a 19 and was wondering the same thing

I wish you all the best!
Another one for 2022 available at: https://www.uniadmissions.co.uk/lnat/guides/lnat-results-explained/

University of Glasgow LNAT Results 2022
LNAT results for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle currently have not been provided by the University of Glasgow. However, the previous application cycle saw applicants achieve an average score of 20.
Original post by Becca2625
I got 21 and was wondering the same thing 🙈

Wishing you all the best!
Original post by Gordon K.
Does anyone know if Glasgow Uni would make an conditional offer even after an unsatisfactory LNAT score, or is this completely unheard of? As I've only seen conditional offers in the past as 'Satisfactory LNAT completition'. 😊

They will not just consider your LNAT only I think. So maybe don’t worry too much.
Original post by aadyarana
i got a 24 and i got an offer from glasgow a few weeks back for common law.

Congratulations!

My understanding is there is more to it than just straight As and LNaT. Your postcode, the school you went to etc as the universities are all financially squeezed by capped places.

My daughter applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Durham ( she just threw that in to make it up to 5, no real interest in going to small place, a bit like st andrews)

She is straight As in first Sitting and predicted As for 2 adv Highers and A for other Higher.

Already got an unconditional for Aberdeen, which is great but was really her safety choice. That came in early Dec 23 within a week of applying.

A long wait to see what the other ones are going to do.

LnAT received today and she got 22.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending