The Student Room Group

Dentistry Application 2015 Entry

Hi guys,
I'm looking to apply for dentistry this year for 2015 entry, I'll give you a quick outlook on my profile. I've got 4A*'s, 5A's, 2.5B's at GCSE with A*'s in Science, Add. Science, applications of maths, methods in maths, and my english grades were A's.

I got AAAB in maths, biology, physics and chemistry AS levels respectively, and I am taking on all 4 subjects to A2 level.

I haven't sat the UKCAT and want to apply to Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham, and Leeds.

I have done two weeks of work experience in a GDP's and another week in a orthodontic/ dental laboratory clinic.
I'm going to be writing my personal statement this weekend, but does anyone have any tips on whether my grades are good enough, and for my PS in general?
Thanks!
Probaby get in, you sound mega smart its kinda scary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Leanneloxx
Probaby get in, you sound mega smart its kinda scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Einstein :wink: No seriously, any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Jack Sto
Hi guys,
I'm looking to apply for dentistry this year for 2015 entry, I'll give you a quick outlook on my profile. I've got 4A*'s, 5A's, 2.5B's at GCSE with A*'s in Science, Add. Science, applications of maths, methods in maths, and my english grades were A's.

I got AAAB in maths, biology, physics and chemistry AS levels respectively, and I am taking on all 4 subjects to A2 level.

I haven't sat the UKCAT and want to apply to Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham, and Leeds.

I have done two weeks of work experience in a GDP's and another week in a orthodontic/ dental laboratory clinic.
I'm going to be writing my personal statement this weekend, but does anyone have any tips on whether my grades are good enough, and for my PS in general?
Thanks!

Nah I thin you stand a good chance of getting in considering your grades and the fact you do have some relevant experience! I'd just say outline these well in your personal statement aswell as a strong point as to why you want to do the degree and you should be fine, I think you'll do great x
Reply 4
Anyone know if cardiff or plymouth have a ukcat specific cut off? a definite answer would be much appreciated and rewarded:colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Leanneloxx
Nah I thin you stand a good chance of getting in considering your grades and the fact you do have some relevant experience! I'd just say outline these well in your personal statement aswell as a strong point as to why you want to do the degree and you should be fine, I think you'll do great x

Haha! Yeah, just started today and pretty much finished it but will go over it and cut it down a bit- so hard to keep it below 4000 characters! Are you a dental student yourself then?
Reply 6
Original post by mattlogan
Anyone know if cardiff or plymouth have a ukcat specific cut off? a definite answer would be much appreciated and rewarded:colondollar:

Hi there, I'm not exactly sure but if you check out their websites then this will provide you with more detailed information :wink: What's my reward then aha?
Reply 7
Bump- any more advice anyone? Would it be possible to get into these universities with my GCSE's as they definitely aren't the best?

Quick Reply

Latest