The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

new firstyears dont worry!

just a little note for all the new starters of this year if you think hull could perhaps sound a bit ****, its not. its actually quite cool. i mean, considering its small & in some god-forsaken arse end of nowhere. its actually kind of hippy, lots of nice litte independent cafes & things & its SO CHEAP (i come from london so its appreciation for the max). theres bare different nites on, the unis nice, the towns nice & of course although everyones experience is different ive met some bang-on people. & omg anyone who gets to live in lawns is a lucky bastard theyre bare nice & ur all in together (i went through clearing & got stuck in a random house, but still managed to have a good time - anyone put into halls gets a headstart).
just thought u mite be wonderin wat its like, for someone who did i last yr thought id tell you.
good luck with it all, dont stress too much therell be enough of that when u get ur first essay!
weaks
Reply 1
Hull kicks ass... since that little book that come out saying hull was the most ****test city in england.... peoples opinions have gone down... basically it was mainly based on the council estates around the city - the likes of which you will never go to whilst at uni, you are likely to not even know they exist.. they also showed like the docks and said its dirty and that.... for god sake, its a workin dock, it will be dirty,, its not the whole city tho- it is very cheep. all the people are friendly... and the many market sell damm good quaily knock off dvds if thats your thing.. obv it isnt mine... :wink:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
When the best nights to go out in Hull and that????
Reply 3
hi ev1
i dont get this platinum and gold card......
n e wayz how much does it cost to go an event. wil most people go 2 every event. as the events start around 7pm wat does every1 do untill then.
Reply 4
id go for gold if i were you dude, you might want more flexibility during the rest of the year...for freshers...go to every event if i were you, you may well regret it if you dont.as for what to do untill 7, there are some freshres activities during the day(see su website) and youll also find that you will have stuff to unpack and sort and walk around finding new mates etc!...for more, go to the gold/platinum debate thread...

Latest