The Student Room Group

uni of bath asking for additional personal statement

just got a mail from uni of bath and they are asking for a new personal statement . this might be because i based my ps on management heavily on industrial organisation economics . is this a bad sign ?
Original post by ankxx
just got a mail from uni of bath and they are asking for a new personal statement . this might be because i based my ps on management heavily on industrial organisation economics . is this a bad sign ?

A bad sign would have been a rejection. The fact that they're still interested enough to ask for an additional personal statement is a good sign.

Have you switched the course for which you were applying, by any chance?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
A bad sign would have been a rejection. The fact that they're still interested enough to ask for an additional personal statement is a good sign.

no the same course and i wonder my earlier ps had encapsulated everything pretty well . i did'nt get any such requests from my top choices . Though i have sent them my first draft which kind of has covered the motivations of me going after such and such books and research articles that i mentioned in my final draft . will that work ? i dont have time to write a new one my exams are going on
Original post by ankxx
no the same course and i wonder my earlier ps had encapsulated everything pretty well . i did'nt get any such requests from my top choices . Though i have sent them my first draft which kind of has covered the motivations of me going after such and such books and research articles that i mentioned in my final draft . will that work ? i dont have time to write a new one my exams are going on

It might work. It might not. If they're not one of your top choices, perhaps you're not really that dependent on an offer from them anyway? Do you have offers you're happy with?
Original post by DataVenia

True, seems like they just want to get to know you a bit better. It is a good sign not a rejection!
Reply 5
Did they not give you any reason as to why they wanted another PS? I think it's a good sign, but it must be difficult if you don't know why. Maybe contact them and see if you can speak to someone about it?
Reply 6
Original post by Jakson123
Did they not give you any reason as to why they wanted another PS? I think it's a good sign, but it must be difficult if you don't know why. Maybe contact them and see if you can speak to someone about it?
it says a new personal statement that is more ''focused on your interest in and motivation for studying Management.'' now i dont know its vague if i send them a new one it wont be the best of my writing pieces . i merely sent them my initial motivations for ''researching on industrial organisation and price wars " its an econ concept but i wrote it in my ps but i thought it makes sense from management pov . they say you have to write in 4000 characters . i did 3000 characters . also i got rejected from edinburgh i dont know if it was the predicted grades or the ps and also edinburgh doesnt care they just skim through . im having a tough times with my exams round the corner i just gotta trust my ps from now !! its true to myself , its true to my interests nothing pretentious and nothing like you have seen before in business and if i were to write a different one it wont reflect the same passion so i went with a different approach of giving them my motivations
Reply 7
If it's not one of your top choices and you already have offers from them - plus you have exams you need to concentrate on - then I just wouldn't worry too much and accept you might not get an offer but it doesn't really matter.
Original post by ankxx
it says a new personal statement that is more ''focused on your interest in and motivation for studying Management.'' now i dont know its vague if i send them a new one it wont be the best of my writing pieces . i merely sent them my initial motivations for ''researching on industrial organisation and price wars " its an econ concept but i wrote it in my ps but i thought it makes sense from management pov . they say you have to write in 4000 characters . i did 3000 characters . also i got rejected from edinburgh i dont know if it was the predicted grades or the ps and also edinburgh doesnt care they just skim through . im having a tough times with my exams round the corner i just gotta trust my ps from now !! its true to myself , its true to my interests nothing pretentious and nothing like you have seen before in business and if i were to write a different one it wont reflect the same passion so i went with a different approach of giving them my motivations

It sounds like you focused more on the economics angle and they want to see you engage more directly with the management angle. I guess probably stuff to do with strategy, corporate governance etc maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending