The Student Room Group

Abortion Idea

The cases for the pro-choice and pro-life sides of the debate are often aptly stated on these forums, but I'd like to propose an alternative. A "third way" as a certain Prime Minister would have it. In these days of crisis, paedophilia, both as an element of our society, and as an acknowledged moral panic within our media, is on the increase. It is not a problem easily solved, but I propose that if we are to take a pro-abortion line then we could kill two birds (or foetuses, as it were) with one stone. If we abort all children then there is no doubt in my mind that the number of cases of child-abuse will decrease, and it is paramount to our society that these two ethical problems are solved.

MB

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
But then what will happen to dead baby jokes? :frown:
Reply 2
rpotter
But then what will happen to dead baby jokes? :frown:

Simple: they'll become 'hypothetical dead baby' jokes.

Problem, solved!
Reply 3
Profesh
Simple: they'll become 'hypothetical dead baby' jokes.

Problem, solved!

As opposed to them actually happening? :p:
Reply 4
It's been done...

Reply 5
rpotter
As opposed to them actually happening? :p:

Touché; you lose. :wink:
Reply 6
Profesh
Touché; you lose. :wink:

Dammit! :frown: :biggrin:
Reply 7
rpotter
Dammit! :frown: :biggrin:

Socratic irony: snide and constructive.
Reply 8
musicbloke
The cases for the pro-choice and pro-life sides of the debate are often aptly stated on these forums, but I'd like to propose an alternative. A "third way" as a certain Prime Minister would have it. In these days of crisis, paedophilia, both as an element of our society, and as an acknowledged moral panic within our media, is on the increase. It is not a problem easily solved, but I propose that if we are to take a pro-abortion line then we could kill two birds (or foetuses, as it were) with one stone. If we abort all children then there is no doubt in my mind that the number of cases of child-abuse will decrease, and it is paramount to our society that these two ethical problems are solved.

MB

WTF!!:mad: that is the dumbest thing i ever heard!!
point one...your an idiot.
point two. child abuse has nothing to do with someone not getting an abortion and being stuck with a baby. theres something cool that can save unwanted babies lifes and that thousands or possibly millions of dollars(or pounds or yens or what ever). its called adoption.
point three just making abortion legal does not take care of any problems.
point four i don't care if you are joking or serious. you need mental help.

Now, why pro-choice does not make sense. they all think that the baby is apart of the mothers body. it is not. the baby is just connected. theres a whole other life form in one life form. taking a scientific look at things, every single animal on this planet wants to live. thats why the gazzel runs away from the lion, thats why the wolf chews off it's own leg that is stuck in the bear trap(those clamps that fold down a snaps shut whe walked on), and thats why that little human(though not animal) wants to live. the people that want to perform the abortion does not even think of that. they just care about themselves. and its the stupid reasons that they do it to. i don't want to be responsible! even though i could put the little thing up for adoption. I don't want to get fat. i sleeped around, but i don't want a baby! bla bla bla! it all just pisses me off!!:mad:

oh and Profesh...yu already know what im thinking. so i don't have to really state it.
Reply 9
Farrdango
oh and Profesh...yu already know what im thinking. so i don't have to really state it.

Actually, I wasn't aware that you were; let alone, what.
Reply 10
Better yet:

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

However I really do have to ask - who will fund my state pension?
Reply 11
Farrdango
point two. child abuse has nothing to do with someone not getting an abortion and being stuck with a baby. theres something cool that can save unwanted babies lifes and that thousands or possibly millions of dollars(or pounds or yens or what ever). its called adoption.

Now, why pro-choice does not make sense. they all think that the baby is apart of the mothers body. it is not. the baby is just connected. theres a whole other life form in one life form. taking a scientific look at things, every single animal on this planet wants to live. thats why the gazzel runs away from the lion, thats why the wolf chews off it's own leg that is stuck in the bear trap(those clamps that fold down a snaps shut whe walked on), and thats why that little human(though not animal) wants to live. the people that want to perform the abortion does not even think of that. they just care about themselves. and its the stupid reasons that they do it to. i don't want to be responsible! even though i could put the little thing up for adoption. I don't want to get fat. i sleeped around, but i don't want a baby! bla bla bla! it all just pisses me off!!:mad:

MB, i dont think he's too happy with the idea
Swift has already done this in a far funnier (albeit slightly different) way.

Oh, as has a certain William Bennet.
Reply 13
Farrdango

Ladies and gentlemen, the Deputy Prime Minister.
Reply 14
Farrdango
taking a scientific look at things, every single animal on this planet wants to live. thats why the gazzel runs away from the lion, thats why the wolf chews off it's own leg that is stuck in the bear trap(those clamps that fold down a snaps shut whe walked on)

Ok, funny and ignorant...worth a laugh
and thats why that little human(though not animal)

[scroll]WHAT???[/scroll]
you ignorant little count
the people that want to perform the abortion does not even think of that. they just care about themselves.

Yes - you spend the best part of a decade training to become a doctor to just care for yourself...

I can tell you what he's thinking....you're an idiot.
Farrdango

Let me guess: a) guy or b) Catholic....? God, that really pisses me off that other people can have ANY sort of a right over my body!?!? :mad: A baby mightn't be part of the mothers actual body but it is very much THERE! If you don't want the baby, why have it in the first place? I'm not exactly pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice. Your body, your choice, I don't care if there is another life inside you, its still your life as well.
Reply 16
Farrdango
the people that want to perform the abortion does not even think of that. they just care about themselves. and its the stupid reasons that they do it to. i don't want to be responsible! even though i could put the little thing up for adoption. I don't want to get fat. i sleeped around, but i don't want a baby! bla bla bla! it all just pisses me off!!:mad:

You are incredibly ignorant if you think that is the only reason anyone ever has an abortion. Ignorant beyond words, in fact.
Reply 17
...and this is being seriously argued why?
Reply 18
Well now we've had some discussion, I'd like to reveal that this post wasn't really about abortion in the first place. I posted it in D&D so that my post would be discredited, and I would be able to argue against the idea that immigration causes racism. Unfortunately the rather short-sighted powers that be in D&D (Vienna I guess, cos he has a vendetta against me), decided to boot this post without giving it a chance. Thanks.

MB
Reply 19
Sprockette
Let me guess: a) guy or b) Catholic....?

Let me guess, 'burd'?

God, that really pisses me off that other people can have ANY sort of a right over my body!?!?

It's called civilised society. Notably we'd arrest you too if you use your body to swing your arms at someone else's face, for example.

Anyway, a bit too much seriousness for a daft thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending