The Student Room Group

Access an specialty in the UK

Hi everyone! I want to present you my current situation and see if anyone can lead me the right way to my goal.

Im a medical student in Spain and my aim is to start my medical training in England as Im bent on working in the UK and develop my degree there. Obviously, once Ive finished my undergraduate I would move to England instead of starting my training in Spain.

As far as I know, medical undegraduates in UK ought to work for two year as foundation doctors in order to acquire some experience.

My point is: do you start specializing in those foundation years or is it just after? In the event that all the specialty training starts after the foundation years...how long does it take? I read about the competition ratios as well...What is appraised in order to choose a specialty (grades at uni, perfomance at FD)?

Recap: what are the steps I must follow if Im a medical student in Spain and point to become an Internal Medicine in England?

Thanks beforehand, hope someone can lead me a little because I've been reading some websites but it's really messy and don't have guarantees that all the information is up to date.

Cheers!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending