The Student Room Group

John lewis assessment 'outcome'

Hey, so i went to an interview with john Lewis on the 29th of September 2014 and I got this email on the 2nd of October:

Thank you for attending the assessment centre at John Lewis.

I am pleased to confirm you have passed the assessment centre, and are currently on hold until suitable hours match your
availability.

If you no longer wish to be on hold then please feel free to withdraw your application.

We will be in touch as soon as a position becomes available.

Thank you
This is for a christmas temp position by the way.

Thanks
Hi, I don't know if this'll help but I got the same email and at the interview, we were told that there were three outcomes, you get the job, you get rejected or your availability doesn't match the job so they basically put you on hold. Sorry if this doesn't contribute anything to your query but I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat and if I get any more information about the outcome, I'll let you know :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Blondie987
Hi, I don't know if this'll help but I got the same email and at the interview, we were told that there were three outcomes, you get the job, you get rejected or your availability doesn't match the job so they basically put you on hold. Sorry if this doesn't contribute anything to your query but I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the same boat and if I get any more information about the outcome, I'll let you know :smile:

Thanks for the reply. When was your interview?
In my interview they said that we'd hear if we got the job or not in two weeks max.
It will be two weeks this monday and my friend said the reason were on hold is because there are so many xmas temps, so they need to interview everyone so they can allocate the right hours. So hopefully theyll have finished intervieing everyone by monday and tell us if we got d job or not + our hours and eveyrthing.

but yeah ill keep u updated
Original post by eshxntel
Thanks for the reply. When was your interview?
In my interview they said that we'd hear if we got the job or not in two weeks max.
It will be two weeks this monday and my friend said the reason were on hold is because there are so many xmas temps, so they need to interview everyone so they can allocate the right hours. So hopefully theyll have finished intervieing everyone by monday and tell us if we got d job or not + our hours and eveyrthing.

but yeah ill keep u updated

no problem glad I could help😊 my interview was last Wednesday and I got an email about the outcome a day or two after that so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Btw I actually got offered another John Lewis position a couple of days after my outcome so if you do get put on hold, you might still get hired elsewhere quite soon 😁
Reply 4
no problem glad I could help������ my interview was last Wednesday and I got an email about the outcome a day or two after that so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Btw I actually got offered another John Lewis position a couple of days after my outcome so if you do get put on hold, you might still get hired elsewhere quite soon ������

Really? congrats!
Did you get the exact same email as me prior to your offer?
And did you get your offer via email or did u get a call?
& so your offer was at a different store from the one u interviewed at?
sorry for all the questions lol
Yeah after my interview I got the email saying they would hold my details till they had a position that suited my availability which I thought would take a few months at least but they phoned me a few days later saying they wanted me to go to another interview for a different position 😊
Have you got a email back yet?
Reply 7
Original post by Harrymfc123
Have you got a email back yet?

Nope I keep calling the and they're telling me to wait till the end of the month as there are so many positions theyre finding it hard to keep up or something.
Reply 8
Hey, I had my interview on Tuesday, and they replied on wednesday with "I am pleased to confirm you have passed the assessment centre, and are currently on hold until suitable hours match your
availability" so same position as you!
Original post by drjay24
Hey, I had my interview on Tuesday, and they replied on wednesday with "I am pleased to confirm you have passed the assessment centre, and are currently on hold until suitable hours match your
availability" so same position as you!

Congratulations! You must have impressed lol, btw they phoned me when they wanted to arrange another interview rather than emailed so they might do the same for you if they want to offer you another interview, good luck with the rest of your job search ! 😁
Reply 10
Congratulations! You must have impressed lol, btw they phoned me when they wanted to arrange another interview rather than emailed so they might do the same for you if they want to offer you another interview, good luck with the rest of your job search ! ������

Thank you so much :smile: does the email they sent me mean I got the job?
Original post by drjay24
Thank you so much :smile: does the email they sent me mean I got the job?

It means that you would have got the job if your availability matched the hours, however they would be happy with you working for them so they will contact you as soon as they have another job available, for me they phoned a few days after my first interview to invite me to another interview of which I am awaiting the outcome. :smile: Good Luck!
Reply 12
It means that you would have got the job if your availability matched the hours, however they would be happy with you working for them so they will contact you as soon as they have another job available, for me they phoned a few days after my first interview to invite me to another interview of which I am awaiting the outcome. :smile: Good Luck!

Ahhhhh thank you, hope it works out for you, hope I get a job haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending