The Student Room Group

John Lewis Group Interview

I have an interview for Retail Stock Assistant (Christmas Temp) coming up and was wondering if anyone else has been through this process? All I have been told is it will last approx 2 hours, there will be a group exercise then an individual thing. What do you do in these parts?

What exactly does a Retail Stock Assistant do? Do I just put stuff out on the shelves?

What should I wear to the interview? I'm assuming as it's John Lewis I should go quite formal, soshirt, tie, trousers, smart shoes? (I'm a guy).

Also when I arrive it says I should report to the Partner's entrance and wait to be collected. Where will that be? Should I just go into the shop and say to a member of staff that I have an interview?

Thanks!!!:biggrin:
Bump!
Same! Which store have you applied for?
Original post by Sadiyah24
Same! Which store have you applied for?

Glasgow, you?
Same, I really want to know how the group assessment part works
Hi, As a partner I have been through multiple interviews with JLP and honestly they should be nothing to worry about! Remember the interviews are mainly personality based rather than experience! The group stage will most likely consist of giving you a task which in my cases has been... Develop an event which could be held in store to both drive footfall and develop a relationship with the customer. Put yourself in the customers shoes and be inventive. You will be assessed on how you communicate with your team and include others but also on the actual ideas you have and how you develop them. Just be yourself make friends with your team because they are all in the same boat.
After this task you will have a slight wait and then an individual “interview”
In my case this has been both ...
1) What are my strengths weaknesses, how have I worked as a team, what do I enjoy outside of work, what could I bring to the role.
2) a “sell me a product” task where you are given a leaflet and 10 mins to view the products and then recommend a product to a “customer” based on their requirements. Even if you have no retail experience just be proactive and try your best. After all you have been in to a shop and know the process of a sale!
Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask ( I will reply tomorrow )
Original post by TaylorT24
Hi, As a partner I have been through multiple interviews with JLP and honestly they should be nothing to worry about! Remember the interviews are mainly personality based rather than experience! The group stage will most likely consist of giving you a task which in my cases has been... Develop an event which could be held in store to both drive footfall and develop a relationship with the customer. Put yourself in the customers shoes and be inventive. You will be assessed on how you communicate with your team and include others but also on the actual ideas you have and how you develop them. Just be yourself make friends with your team because they are all in the same boat.
After this task you will have a slight wait and then an individual “interview”
In my case this has been both ...
1) What are my strengths weaknesses, how have I worked as a team, what do I enjoy outside of work, what could I bring to the role.
2) a “sell me a product” task where you are given a leaflet and 10 mins to view the products and then recommend a product to a “customer” based on their requirements. Even if you have no retail experience just be proactive and try your best. After all you have been in to a shop and know the process of a sale!
Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask ( I will reply tomorrow )

This has sort of helped to calm my nerves because I have an interview tomorrow and I’m lowkey scared as I hate interviews and majority of the times I never get into that job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending