The Student Room Group
Reply 1
they are gorgeous dogs.

but in answer to your question, google.

also, if you do'nt know the basics, are you sure you are ready to have a puppy?
Reply 2
Sorry I have no idea, but you really should have thought of this before you bought it :frown: You have nothing to feed it?!
Reply 3
Firstly, puppies shouldn't be sold until they're 8 weeks old. Did you buy from a reputable breeder?

Secondly, puppies' digestive tracts are overly sensitive at such a young age and their diets shouldn't be altered straight off - they need to be gradually weaned from one type of food to another. For now, you need to feed the pup whatever it was eating before you bought it. Also, 6 week old puppies need to be fed 4 meals a day.

Lastly, you need to buy a decent book on the breed to be able to fulfil its particular needs (diet, exercise, grooming etc).

In my opinion, all this should've been done BEFORE buying the puppy. It's nutritional needs should've been discussed with you when you bought the pup for certain! I actually think it was very irresponible of you if you have bought the pup without any prior knowledge on how to actually look after it!
Reply 4
For food, table scraps are ideal. Try to avoid chipboard tables, though - the best tables are made from oak, but that's a very rich diet for a puppy. I'd start on a diet of pine table scraps if I were you.

Don't give it a haircut until it's 6 months old, then once every two months.

You can make a decent exercise wheel from an old bus tyre.
has it had its worming tablets and its shots, is it insured you have bought it at too young an age, however once you ahve weand it properly iams is an excellent dog food and probably the best there is

Latest

Trending

Trending