The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Apollo
To be honest I haven't had a lot of time to update the Newswire thread lately- it's rather time consuming. I'm wondering if I should make sure I do it more regularly, or if people don't really use it that much anyway.

Don't bother - i don't think it's generating its intended results anyway. We have Google News, too! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I think it's a good thing to have but that it takes more effort than it saves, with links to suitable news sites provided as they have been it will be much easier to let people do there own research for resolution material rather than relying on you to find it for them.
Reply 3
It should be the lowest priority on your to-do-list Apollo - that's for sure.

Google News would do the job just fine (takes some filtering, but still).
Reply 4

I agree, don't waste your time doing it.
Reply 5
Don't worry about it. I personally think it's more useful just to look at the last page and see if anything I haven't heard about, and the news is the same no matter who it comes from, so it could just be updated by anyone.
Reply 6
:ditto:
I don't think it's worth updating it anymore.
Reply 7
I think we have a general consensus then; no need to have a vote. :yy:
Reply 8
Indeed.

Another topic- If a rep chooses to erase one of the points of their resolution, the poll results suddenly become obselete. How exactly do you think we should handle this? The way it works now is that I have to ask an admin to delete the poll and then create a new one, which isn't the most convenient way of going about it. Any better ideas? I suppose a whole new thread could be created with the updated resolution and a new poll...
Reply 9
Apollo
Indeed.

Another topic- If a rep chooses to erase one of the points of their resolution, the poll results suddenly become obselete. How exactly do you think we should handle this? The way it works now is that I have to ask an admin to delete the poll and then create a new one, which isn't the most convenient way of going about it. Any better ideas? I suppose a whole new thread could be created with the updated resolution and a new poll...

Yes that's an idea but if there are several changes as discussions go by, then it would be a total nuisance to start a new poll each time.

As I understand it now though, there will be 24 hours of discussions before a poll is started. Perhaps this could be extended to 48 hours for more kinks to be knocked out and a general agreement on the terms/structure of the resolution be determined before a poll is started. Following that, should any significant chances still need to be made, we could restart a new poll. This will be less likely to occur though given that the major issues should have been resolved within 48 hours.

Latest

Trending

Trending