The Student Room Group

Want to do a chairty event - How do I get prizes?

I was going to do a chairty event at school for ninemillion.org.

Had a few ideas, first being a Fantasy Football for the Champions League. Last year they had a World Cup one and went quite well. But I need some incentives for people to join, so I am trying to get some prizes. Any idea how I can get some good prizes from any major companies.
Any idea who and what type of companies I should contact?
Reply 1
write letters to the companies..

Usually write to local outlets rather than the major head offices.

Not sure what to get...
Reply 2
Got a replay from the Barclaycard Premiership, they said they don't do seperate charities, only the big 4 that they sponsor, though next year they will be looking into doing smaller charirites. I will try some clubs now.
Reply 3
Try absolutely everybody. Even local restaurants etc may be willing to donate a free meal (or haircut, or bowling game or whatever they do)
Supermarkets. Every year my mum manages to get lots of things from ASDA for an event she runs locally, in the past they even have donated things like dvd players. Try local football clubs as they often donate things like shirts/footballs/team photos.
Reply 5
Try lots of your local shops/branches they tend to be more helpful than the big head offices.
Reply 6
But won't local places give like cakes, Argos vouchers etc. That will hardly tempt teenagers to join. I'll try the clubs, luckily the Premier League sent me a list of all the clubs and their direct number :smile:
Reply 7
Go to your local town, take a letter and ask for prizes. I've done this before and they're generally really helpful :smile: Explain to them what it's for and why you need donations and most of them are pretty good. When I did it there were loads of donations from a free meal for two to haircut vouchers and gold jewellery to a really nice pine framed original painting. We even got a voucher entitling soneone to free fish and chips for the family! Give it a shot, it'll be worth it, plus if you go to your local town, there is more chance people will buy tickets as they don't have to travel far to get their prize.

Good Luck - it's a great idea :biggrin:
Reply 8
Go down your town centre and beg, as everyone has said. local businesses are usually very halpful and don't take no for an answer.
In fact don't even give them the opportunity to say no.
ex.. don't say... would you like to donate a prize for our charitry event?
Do say.... I'm running a local charity event and currently contacting local businesses to see what sort of prizes they'd be willing to donate. Seeing as it's a valuable opportunity for great advertising as well as supporting a charity, what would you like to donate?
Good Luck
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending