The Student Room Group

Northeastern uni essay comp finalist prize

As I was awarded the finalist title for this competition, I’m pretty sure it’s just a medal, certificate and a pat on the back but, as I can’t attend the actual celebration event, will I still be able to get the medal through the mail? And can I actually use this on my uni application, as I’m aware it wasn’t a runner up, just one step below so I’m unsure if this counts as something to put in there?
Original post by stephie06
As I was awarded the finalist title for this competition, I’m pretty sure it’s just a medal, certificate and a pat on the back but, as I can’t attend the actual celebration event, will I still be able to get the medal through the mail? And can I actually use this on my uni application, as I’m aware it wasn’t a runner up, just one step below so I’m unsure if this counts as something to put in there?
I’m not sure about the medal but you can definitely write about it on applications! It looks good even if you didn’t win, as it shows interest
Reply 2
Original post by elizarose06
I’m not sure about the medal but you can definitely write about it on applications! It looks good even if you didn’t win, as it shows interest
Thank you! I’ll make sure to include it :smile:
Reply 3
They haven’t announced the prize winners yet apparently! They’ll do that before the event.
Reply 4
Original post by Lugg13
They haven’t announced the prize winners yet apparently! They’ll do that before the event.
Really? Oh well that’s actually really nice news, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Lugg13
This is great news, thanks! How did you find out?
Reply 6
Original post by elizarose06
This is great news, thanks! How did you find out?
I was on another chat/thread where people were trying to figure out what it meant by being a finalist. I am only repeating what someone else said but apparently they emailed NU and they said that the winners would be announced just before the ceremonies.🙃

You will win a cash prize if you receive first or second place in your subject. There will also be an overall winner across all essay subjects who will receive a prize.

The following prizes will be awarded:

Overall winner across all essay subjects £1000

Winner in a subject category £500

Runner up in a subject category £250.

Yes you can still receive the reward if you do not attend.
Best wishes
Lana
gg everyone
Reply 9
Winners have been announced now.
Original post by NULondon Lana
You will win a cash prize if you receive first or second place in your subject. There will also be an overall winner across all essay subjects who will receive a prize.
Best wishes
Lana

What does shortlisted receive? According to FAQ no 21 we get medal if we attend ceremony. Is that correct?
Original post by NULondon Lana
Best wishes
Lana

I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?

Thank you very much in advance
Original post by Farhinaa
I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?
Thank you very much in advance
you should be able to register through the link they sent in the email
the ceremony is in two weeks

Quick Reply

Latest