The Student Room Group

Applying for morse without further maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by plasmaman
I was shocked by the disparity between your AS grades and your A2 predictions, that is all :wink:

Haha, i've seen people who've been predicted A* from a D. B from an E, etc
Original post by Morseaddict

Perhaps you have, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that admissions tutors will take them seriously and give them offers, I'm afraid. Your teachers will have a very difficult time justifying those predictions in the reference.
Reply 22
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Because that is what university offers are made on. Yours are not logical from the basis of your AS scores - the jump is just too great to be believable as a realistic target. Your GCSE grades are not usually used to base A2 predictions on.

It's not only GSCE'S. It's extenuating circumstances too

Correct, I just hope they too had exten. circumstances.
It's not only GSCE'S. It's extenuating circumstances too

Extenuating circumstances as applied by exam boards allow the addition of a maximum of 5% to the actual achieved score, so even if yours qualified for the maximum, the grades would not be high enough to merit those predictions. The highest level of consideration is given for such events as the death of a parent or sibling in the immediate period prior to the exam. If extenuating circumstances have been applied by the board, they can't be claimed again in the application. You can't have it twice.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending