The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
I have done research methods and Schizophrenia :biggrin:. Wow, you guys are killing it. you got them to topics done which means you got 1 topic left for PSAY3 and PSYA4 isn't that long TBH.

Lol :biggrin: Better start memorising these essays now!
Original post by MaryamI
Lol :biggrin: Better start memorising these essays now!

Good luck!
If I wasn't so busy doing my other subjects I would too :biggrin:.
Reply 22
Good luck!
If I wasn't so busy doing my other subjects I would too :biggrin:.

Same here I guess we just have to multi task :wink:
What other subjects are you studying?
Original post by MaryamI
Same here I guess we just have to multi task :wink:
What other subjects are you studying?

Bio and Chem. What about you? What did you get at AS, if you don't mind sharing, I got a B(although it was high, still not an A -_-)
Reply 24
Bio and Chem. What about you? What did you get at AS, if you don't mind sharing, I got a B(although it was high, still not an A -_-)

I'm studying Biology and Maths. Its okay :smile:... That's really good, I got a C and B for Maths. Hopefully this year will make a change :rolleyes:
Original post by MaryamI
I'm studying Biology and Maths. Its okay :smile:... That's really good, I got a C and B for Maths. Hopefully this year will make a change :rolleyes:

Yup, we got to go into override mode this year :biggrin: To get those god damn grades!
Reply 26
Yup, we got to go into override mode this year :biggrin: To get those god damn grades!

Haha thanks for the motivation - OF COURSE I WILL BE! :tongue:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the whole relationships topic is soo weird especially the whole parental investment and women are only after resources and men are after beauty and youth. I thought relationships would be really interesting to learn about but it's just soo annoying.
Can anyone please explain the reward/need satisfaction model to me. I just don't understand the whole direct reinforcment and reward thing. Preferably in simple language lol
Hey everyone, I'm just letting you know that the 2014 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 revision thread has migrated over to the 2015 version! :woo:

This is just in case anyone gets lost or confused. :smile: :yy:

Spoiler

Anyone buy any essay answers from loopa
are they any good
for example AQA Psychology Psya3 Aggression A* Model Essay Answers
Original post by Danny786
Anyone buy any essay answers from loopa
are they any good
for example AQA Psychology Psya3 Aggression A* Model Essay Answers

They are good but I think you should also use the textbook with the dog picture, if you need a link of it, just ask and I will post you it.

Using them both to formulate answers gives you more variation in your essay and less likely chance that someone will write the same answers, as many have the model essays, and all in all make a better essay.
Original post by CuteMissJessica
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the whole relationships topic is soo weird especially the whole parental investment and women are only after resources and men are after beauty and youth. I thought relationships would be really interesting to learn about but it's just soo annoying.

lol, A-level psychology is not all that fun TBH. But as long as I get a good grade, I couldn't care :biggrin:. The mother wanting resources is relatively true though, just wiki hypergamy and you could read some more stuff about it.

Original post by CuteMissJessica
Can anyone please explain the reward/need satisfaction model to me. I just don't understand the whole direct reinforcment and reward thing. Preferably in simple language lol

Sorry but I don't do this topic(yet). I think people won't answer much questions until later one, as it's pretty early to start working, relatively, hard at this point in time.

But for basic reward system is like, say I give you a chocolate, if you behave. That reinforces the behaviour as you will seeks the reward(chocolate) and reinforces the positive behaviour.

That's very dumbed down and could be completely wrong or off-topic and not what you asked for, but I hope it gives you a basic understanding.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Anyone doing these topics for psya4

Phobic disorders
Media
and RM
Original post by MaryamI

Phobic disorders
Media
and RM

I'm doing schizophrenia, media and RM
Reply 35
Original post by Itsmonique
I'm doing schizophrenia, media and RM

Now that's not helping, do you know anyone doing the same topics as me?
:colondollar:
Reply 36
Is anyone else studying Addiction and Depression for Psya4?
Original post by MaryamI

Phobic disorders
Media
and RM

I've done media and am just finishing research methods. But my third is schizophrenia
Reply 38
Original post by Cara_rose
I've done media and am just finishing research methods. But my third is schizophrenia

Huh? This doesn't make sense.
I am revising my essays for aggression topic, how can you be already on unit 4? ...wow you guys are working really hard!
Original post by MaryamI
Huh? This doesn't make sense.
I am revising my essays for aggression topic, how can you be already on unit 4? ...wow you guys are working really hard!

I think we're doing it backwards! So we've now (practically) finished PSYA4, but we haven't done PSYA3 :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending