The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for cognitive development help me please
Original post by Dean Riding
Okay can someone tell me what the predictions are for this exam? I really need to focus my revision somewhere.

What topics are you doing?
Original post by Lucecassidy
The questions were:

Outline neural and/or hormonal mechanisms in aggression (4 marks)

Outline and evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression (4+16marks)

Each section is worth 24 marks so there is no way it came up. It might be an idea to look back over it as everyone seems to be predicting it.
oh yeah lol, i meant institutional aggression for the eating disorder topic!
What topics are you doing?

Aggression, Eating Behaviour and Gender
Original post by GymLad78
2 different accounts!!!! Are you illiterate? I am not that person. And my advise earier was sound

Did you say that you cannot get anything high than a C/B if you discuss theories when a question says 'research' DESPITE every single entire mark scheme saying that BOTH theories/explanations and research are VALID and thus will not hinder your mark whatsoever?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thestudent3
Did you say that you cannot get anything high than a C/B if you discuss theories when a question says 'research' DESPITE every single entire mark scheme saying that BOTH theories/explanations and research is VALID and thus will not hinder your mark whatsoever?
rubber dingy rapids bro
Original post by gymlad79
oh yeah lol, i meant institutional aggression for the eating disorder topic!

Please get off this feed
Original post by thestudent3
Did you say that you cannot get anything high than a C/B if you discuss theories when a question says 'research' DESPITE every single entire mark scheme saying that BOTH theories/explanations and research is VALID and thus will not hinder your mark whatsoever?

Sorry, just what my teacher said :/

Eating behaviour revise neural mechanisms and gender revise gender dysphoria and the roles of genes and hormones, good luck!
Please get off this feed
only if you make me :wink:
Please get off this feed

Complete pissstaker. He's copied my name aswell

I'm only doing two of them, but here's what I'm revising.

Aggression: institutional, evolutionary (infidelity and jealousy) and group behaviour

Eating behaviour: failure of dieting, neural mechanisms and anorexia
Oh no! Well I'll hope that doesn't come up for you! I'd quite like institutional, anorexia and endogenous/exogenous to come up only because that's what I know best :P

I know I couldn't believe it!! Do you think for anorexia it's more likely to be biological??
Original post by Rosiee_m
Institutional, evolutionary explanations for aggression-infidelity+jealousy

thank you!!
I'm only doing two of them, but here's what I'm revising.

Aggression: institutional, evolutionary (infidelity and jealousy) and group behaviour

Eating behaviour: failure of dieting, neural mechanisms and anorexia

Wow my teacher went through all of that with us today except for Infidelity and jealousy
Original post by gymlad79
it was just banter

Oh well excuse me for calling you out when you're giving INCORRECT information to people who actually want to do well, of course, you only 'bantering about' completely justifies that!!!!
Original post by GymLad78
Complete pissstaker. He's copied my name aswell

It is pretty pathetic, try not to let it get to you :smile:
This is an unrelated question...but everytime you lot add to the thread my iPhone makes annoying swishy noises because it's sending me emails. Currently at 297 emails...I've turned the 'New mail' noise off on the settings but it hasn't worked! I'm a tech noob, someone send help.
What is everyone FOCUSING on for the following topics:
Relationships, Aggression & Sleep?
GUYS HELP

If they ask about institution wouldn't it be enough to talk about the imporation model and deprivation model in depth with evaluation and studies or do i have to talk about genocide too?

and do you guys reckon group display could come up,and if it does can i just talk about xenophobia and territoriality in depth instead of welfare/?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending