The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cara_rose
I think we're doing it backwards! So we've now (practically) finished PSYA4, but we haven't done PSYA3 :')

Oh I see. :cool:
I think we're doing it backwards! So we've now (practically) finished PSYA4, but we haven't done PSYA3 :')

Hopefully if all goes well, I also should be done with PSAY4 pretty soon.

I think we will finish pretty early, but that gives us more time to memorise and practise the past papers :biggrin:
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Hopefully if all goes well, I also should be done with PSAY4 pretty soon.

I think we will finish pretty early, but that gives us more time to memorise and practise the past papers :biggrin:

We're having a lot of practice papers in class, like end of topic tests etc. It's quite stressful but should really help us out in the long run. I'm aiming for an A* so it's so scary!
We're having a lot of practice papers in class, like end of topic tests etc. It's quite stressful but should really help us out in the long run. I'm aiming for an A* so it's so scary!

I am too, but I only got a B @ AS -_-(high B) but I want to ace these papers. I think everyone revising this early really wants to do well :biggrin:
Reply 44
I am too, but I only got a B @ AS -_-(high B) but I want to ace these papers. I think everyone revising this early really wants to do well :biggrin:

lol me too:wink: :biggrin:

I got a high A, which is why I'm predicted an A*. I actually got 100% in the second paper. I think I could have got 100% in the first as well if I didn't have a panic attack before the exam. Oh well though! I recently got an offer from my first choice uni, and if I get A*A*A I can get a really good bursary, so I have so much motivation right now!
I got a high A, which is why I'm predicted an A*. I actually got 100% in the second paper. I think I could have got 100% in the first as well if I didn't have a panic attack before the exam. Oh well though! I recently got an offer from my first choice uni, and if I get A*A*A I can get a really good bursary, so I have so much motivation right now!

Good luck :biggrin:, it seems that all will be well for you :biggrin:
Reply 47
Does anyone think the essay on Group Display (Aggression) is a little confusing ? :s-smilie:
I've done media and am just finishing research methods. But my third is schizophrenia

Yeh I'm doing the same as you for PSYA4. For PSYa3, I'm doing Relationship, Agression and Gender. Wbu? :smile:
Original post by MaryamI
Anyone doing these topics for psya4

Phobic disorders
Media
and RM

Yes I'm doing these topics
Reply 50
Original post by Farah_786
Yes I'm doing these topics

Oh right that's good :colone: ... have you covered any topics yet?
I haven't... only psya3 atm ... I have started reading ahead a little myself .
Hi everyone! I'm getting worried because basically I had a C overall at AS (B in unit 1, C in unit 2) and I would really like to get an A overall. I'm just wondering whether its possible for me to achieve an A overall without resitting my AS exams?
Around what will I need to achieve in the A2 exams? I know I'm capable of getting an A grade, we just had a really rubbish teacher last year! Only me and one other girl had a C, everyone else failed :frown:
Thank you guys!
Reply 52
Original post by ayshac94
Hi everyone! I'm getting worried because basically I had a C overall at AS (B in unit 1, C in unit 2) and I would really like to get an A overall. I'm just wondering whether its possible for me to achieve an A overall without resitting my AS exams?
Around what will I need to achieve in the A2 exams? I know I'm capable of getting an A grade, we just had a really rubbish teacher last year! Only me and one other girl had a C, everyone else failed :frown:
Thank you guys!

Hi, you can still get an A if you put the effort in anything's possible you need 320 points overall from 4 units, how many ums did you get at AS? take away that from 320 and then divide by 2 to see what ums you need in the last two papers :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ko111
Hi, you can still get an A if you put the effort in anything's possible you need 320 points overall from 4 units, how many ums did you get at AS? take away that from 320 and then divide by 2 to see what ums you need in the last two papers :smile:

Awh thanks! Just worked it out, need at least 93 from each exam :redface:

If you got to get 93 for each exam, it is gonna be really hard to say the least. If you don't mind me asking, what UMS did you get for each paper?

If you got say low C in unit 1, and medium/high B, I would highly suggest retaking the first unit. This would make getting an A so much easier :smile:.
If you got to get 93 for each exam, it is gonna be really hard to say the least. If you don't mind me asking, what UMS did you get for each paper?

If you got say low C in unit 1, and medium/high B, I would highly suggest retaking the first unit. This would make getting an A so much easier :smile:.

Unit 1 was a medium B and unit 2 was a low C (forgotten the exact mark), I guess it does make sense to resit unit 1, I'm just worried I'll end up not doing as well on A2 if I don't fully concentrate on it but thank you for the advice! :smile:
Unit 1 was a medium B and unit 2 was a low C (forgotten the exact mark), I guess it does make sense to resit unit 1, I'm just worried I'll end up not doing as well on A2 if I don't fully concentrate on it but thank you for the advice! :smile:

Wait so you got better got medium B in Unit 1 and low C in unit 2? Just resit the lower unit, if you can handle it. If you can't then don't. You will know if you can/cannot. :smile: Good luck!
Reply 57

no problem yeah that's quite a lot :redface: if you need an A for university then you should resit the paper you didn't do well in but get revision out of the way for it earlier than others, otherwise don't resit any because its easy for you to get a B overall anyway as you need 73 ums in both of these A2 exams and also it won't have an affect your other exams (because of the time spent memorising everything for that paper again) hence less stressful (if that's the right word?) in the summer.
If you decide to resit an AS paper, ask for your exam script back and go through it with your teacher or see where you lost marks using the mark scheme and keep practicing papers, read through reports too if you have time. Also someone who managed to get full marks at AS uploaded her AS notes here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46857181&postcount=3175 :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ko111
no problem yeah that's quite a lot :redface: if you need an A for university then you should resit the paper you didn't do well in but get revision out of the way for it earlier than others, otherwise don't resit any because its easy for you to get a B overall anyway as you need 73 ums in both of these A2 exams and also it won't have an affect your other exams (because of the time spent memorising everything for that paper again) hence less stressful (if that's the right word?) in the summer.
If you decide to resit an AS paper, ask for your exam script back and go through it with your teacher or see where you lost marks using the mark scheme and keep practicing papers, read through reports too if you have time. Also someone who managed to get full marks at AS uploaded her AS notes here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46857181&postcount=3175 :smile:

Its not necessary, I just want an A but I think I will concentrate on just getting a B because I really don't want to to resit any exams. 73 ums sounds a lot more do-able! Thanks for your advice :biggrin:
Reply 59
Its not necessary, I just want an A but I think I will concentrate on just getting a B because I really don't want to to resit any exams. 73 ums sounds a lot more do-able! Thanks for your advice :biggrin:

Oh right yeah good idea! no problem Good Luck memorising everything! D:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending