Schizophrenia
Perception
Cognitive development?

Schizophrenia: classification and diagnosis hasn't been up for a while
Aggression:
Institutional or maybe neural and hormonal as it was only 4 marks last year
Posted from TSR Mobile
Need help with Sleep:

Do we need to know all sleep disorders? I.e. Insomnia, sleep walking AND narcolepsy. Or just one of them??? Can we be asked questions on individual disorders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Walkeer_1
Need help with Sleep:

Do we need to know all sleep disorders? I.e. Insomnia, sleep walking AND narcolepsy. Or just one of them??? Can we be asked questions on individual disorders?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get a 24 mark essay on either one of the three disorders so it's best to prepare for all three instead of one so you don't lose out. Or you could get asked for one on both narcolepsy and sleep walking together.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by smozsolution
You can get a 24 mark essay on either one of the three disorders so it's best to prepare for all three instead of one so you don't lose out. Or you could get asked for one on both narcolepsy and sleep walking together.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any idea what essays might come up on biological rhythms?
any predicted questions???
How are you guys revising for media psychology?
Original post by Hanya Pouncey

Write out the entire essays and put each important point into a bullet point. Acronyms are your next best friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maymuyt
Write out the entire essays and put each important point into a bullet point. Acronyms are your next best friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say entire essay do you mean what you would write as a ten mark? And how many bits of AO2 research do you put in?

Haha you got that right ;P

I'm finding this tricky as well as I don't know how many studies to learn...I've started doing every topic as if it's a 24 marker as it's better to know too much than too little :smile:
Original post by emzyyyyy
Hi guys,
I have compressed addiction for UNIT 4 into revision chunks.

I will attach some of it now

Thanks for this
Original post by MollyMcFly1
I'm finding this tricky as well as I don't know how many studies to learn...I've started doing every topic as if it's a 24 marker as it's better to know too much than too little :smile:

Ikr! My teacher recommended 4. But as each study is worth 2 marks I don't know whether to learn 3 because that would equate to 6 marks if we were to get a 10 mark...but yeah as you say better to know more
Ikr! My teacher recommended 4. But as each study is worth 2 marks I don't know whether to learn 3 because that would equate to 6 marks if we were to get a 10 mark...but yeah as you say better to know more

I initially thought I could learn like 2 or 3 but then looking at the 10 mark application questions makes me think we might need to know more so we can support whatever "suggestions" we make (e.g. To TV advert company or whatever scenario they give us) with research...it's so hard to know! :frown:
I initially thought I could learn like 2 or 3 but then looking at the 10 mark application questions makes me think we might need to know more so we can support whatever "suggestions" we make (e.g. To TV advert company or whatever scenario they give us) with research...it's so hard to know! :frown:

Media is so awful I hate it :/
Original post by Tylerrrrr

I find the topic interesting but there are so many little studies which is just irritating!

I find the topic interesting but there are so many little studies which is just irritating!

I'm pretty bad at it so I don't like it haha

Like the content but hate the AO2. My teacher said that it's ok to just learn two explanations each for prosocial and antisocial but most of the explanations only really have two studies attached to them :confused:
STRESSSSSS
In gender, is there a high chance of there being a 24 marker on just one theory? E.g a 24 marker solely on Kohlberg/gender schema as opposed to one on psychological explanations in general?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I've got an idea that might help us to revise. So, I'm sure you've all heard the idea that you learn things best when you can teach them to others? Well, how about we find someone else doing the same topics (e.g. schizophrenia) we are, and then we just talk each other through the theories, evaluations, etc. as if we were teaching them?

If you'd be interested in giving this a try, reply with the following details and try and find someone else who you think would be a good match to revise with (e.g. same topics, same preferred method of communication, etc.)

PSYA3 Topics:
PSYA4 Topics:
Preferred method of communication: Skype/Facebook/.../No preference

------------------------

Here's mine:

PSYA3 Topics: Biological Rhythms, Aggression, Relationships
PSYA4 Topics: Schizophrenia, Addiction, Research Methods
Preferred method of communication: No preference
Original post by jhpy1024
Hey guys, I've got an idea that might help us to revise. So, I'm sure you've all heard the idea that you learn things best when you can teach them to others? Well, how about we find someone else doing the same topics (e.g. schizophrenia) we are, and then we just talk each other through the theories, evaluations, etc. as if we were teaching them?

If you'd be interested in giving this a try, reply with the following details and try and find someone else who you think would be a good match to revise with (e.g. same topics, same preferred method of communication, etc.)

PSYA3 Topics:
PSYA4 Topics:
Preferred method of communication: Skype/Facebook/.../No preference

------------------------

Here's mine:

PSYA3 Topics: Biological Rhythms, Aggression, Relationships
PSYA4 Topics: Schizophrenia, Addiction, Research Methods

This sounds like a good idea.
PSYA3 Topics: Eating Behaviour, Aggression, Relationships
PSYA4 Topics: Media, Depression, Research Methods