The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RebeccaHoran
How much is each A02 point worth? Say if Ao2 is 16 marks? would you write 6 Ao2 points? :colondollar:

For 16 marks i usually aim for somewhere between 6 to 8 points.
Original post by ChloeP96
Does everybody know that an AQA van was hijacked the other day containing the psychology papers? This means that they will have to change the papers, and therefore our predications might be off...

Apparently they'll probably use the 2016 paper which they prepare in advance. Just wondering if anybody has any different predictions based on this.

As far as I know 2015 is the last year on this spec. Next year the spec is changed completely, so they've probably just sent out the backup 2015 one.
Original post by Emily.97
For 16 marks i usually aim for somewhere between 6 to 8 points.

Oh okay, thanks😄
I'll aim for 7.
What biological / psychological therapies are people using for schizophrenia? I'm looking for some easy ones to remember. (I've chosen drugs and token economy, just need some more) :smile:

Meeeeee !
Does anyone have a good IDA point for CBT? I have some methodological points and general points but no IDA :-(
Original post by Juuuuh
Does anyone have a good IDA point for CBT? I have some methodological points and general points but no IDA :-(

One good point is that CBT isn't deterministic and allows patients to take control of their own recovery instead of drugs for example which suggests that their illness is biological and they can't do anything about it.
Original post by Rebekahnk
What biological / psychological therapies are people using for schizophrenia? I'm looking for some easy ones to remember. (I've chosen drugs and token economy, just need some more) :smile:

ECT for bio and CBT for psycho
With regards to nicotine replacement therapy for addiction (biological intervention)

Can you argue that it's not very effective as although it may reduce the symptoms and alleviate the withdrawl symptoms that may occur, it does nothing to combat the problems which led to the addiction in the first place. To overcome this, an individual may look to combine a psychological therapy such as CBT?

thank you :smile:
Original post by E_149
Does anybody have a model answer for any of the design your own experiment questions in the research methods section that they could show me? I understand the mark schemes but I would just like to see how it should be written in the exam. Thanks

I have headings on how you should structure it , If that helps?
Original post by Axshaxx

Please!
Original post by dottielottie
Anyone doing schizophrenia + addiction?

Meeeee
Do you think they could ask a 24 marker on one (biological OR psychological) therapy for Sz?
Does anyone know the difference between talking about the hovland yale/ ELM and the persuasive effects of TV (as in...pester power, congruence etc). I would have thought to write about pester power etc if it asked about persuasive effects of TV adverts but mark schemes only mention the models.

Thanks
Reply 5994
Original post by Axshaxx

That would be great thanks!
Original post by E_149
I am

What topics have you found most difficult
Original post by Axshaxx
ECT for bio and CBT for psycho

Thaaaaaaaaank yooooooooou :smile:<3
Reply 5997
Original post by dottielottie
What topics have you found most difficult

Mainly the fact that you have to know initiation, maintenance and relapse for biological, behavioural and cognitive, I just think it's too much. What about you?

Which explanations have you chosen for psychological and biological treatments of schizophrenia?
Original post by Axshaxx

Quick question, do we have to remember what to put in or will they give us like a bit in the question that says what to include? Otherwise I'd love to see the headings as well please :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending