The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have ALL the possible PSYA3/PSYA4 questions so I can write model answers
Reply 61
Original post by Danny786
Does anyone have ALL the possible PSYA3/PSYA4 questions so I can write model answers

On the old thread i typed up all the possible questions from the exam companion for every single topic,
PSYA3 Possible questions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46454135&postcount=416
PSYA4 Possible questions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=46454149&postcount=417
Easy IDA marks: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=45869564&postcount=313
tips for PSYA3: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=44727813&postcount=16

Good Luck everyone!
Guys, how long should a 24marker be for PSYA3 (Schizophrenia) [A01 - 8, A02 - 12, A03 - 4]

I've written about 3-4 pages which seems excessive. (Font 12)

I'll get it marked and probably begin condensing it tbh.
Original post by JRHewett
Guys, how long should a 24marker be for PSYA3 (Schizophrenia) [A01 - 8, A02 - 12, A03 - 4]

It just depends on how much you can write in the time as some people can write faster than others and therefore squeeze more in. My model answers are all a little over 1000 words which is a lot but obviously in the exam I won't remember every single word so it won't be as much.

Just check over your essays and get rid of anything/any irrelevant sentences that you think won't be worth a mark otherwise it's just a waste of your time to write. Get a second opinion from your teacher.

Then time yourself writing your condensed model answers and you'll see how much you can write in the time given :smile:
Reply 64
2 and a half sides for 24 marks.
Does anyone have a list of possible questions they can ask this year?
Original post by daisychain_

Just look up the thread :biggrin:

IT'S LITERALLY right there, a nice person posted it, you should rep them if they helped you.
Is it a good idea to use flash cards for unit 4? I'm up to media but I'm not sure if typing up my notes would be more effective cos there is a lot to put on flash cards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Just look up the thread :biggrin:

IT'S LITERALLY right there, a nice person posted it, you should rep them if they helped you.

Yep I have, its just that my teacher gave us three possible questions for each topic that are most likely to come up in the exam, and I was just wondering if anyone else had been told anything similar. :smile:
Original post by Tylerrrrr
Is it a good idea to use flash cards for unit 4? I'm up to media but I'm not sure if typing up my notes would be more effective cos there is a lot to put on flash cards

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm typing up all my psychology notes, since unit 3 is essay based practice essays are a lot easier to modify when they're typed up.
Reply 70

anything that hasn't come up at all/hasn't come up in a while are most likely but remember AQA will repeat exactly the same questions has happened before..
Original post by nm786
anything that hasn't come up at all/hasn't come up in a while are most likely but remember AQA will repeat exactly the same questions has happened before..

Yeah i guess, thank you! :smile:
Reply 72
Yeah i guess, thank you! :smile:

No problem :smile:
Anyone know how many studies you should mention in a 24 marker
Reply 74
Anyone know how many studies you should mention in a 24 marker

4 or 5 but think about how you evaluate it and link it to theory
Original post by ko111
4 or 5 but think about how you evaluate it and link it to theory

Do you have any example essays I can see to get examples of the layout etc
Reply 76
Do you have any example essays I can see to get examples of the layout etc

ask your teacher mate he/she should have A/A* grade answers from previous candidate's scripts also use the a2 psychology exam companion that has some model answers for each topic.
Original post by JRHewett

From timed practise tests completed in class, I've been able to get full marks in 2 sides of A4. This is with narrow ruled paper, average-sized handwriting. So I would expect an average 24 marker to be just over 2 sides, if you can write that much in the time given.
Original post by Tylerrrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is just my own personal way of working, but I tend to type up my notes, then write out key studies, very key points etc on flashcards, and also right out basic evaluate points on mindmaps to put around my room.

The more times you have to read over and manipulate the same information into different formats the better, as it'll help you remember the details.

Looking at examiner's comments for past papers is always really useful for this kind of thing. If they mention that a question was generally poorly answered they are likely to ask that question again to determine whether teaching has improved since last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending