The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Why is it that in the June 2011 paper for psya3 that when they asked about one or more explanation about psychological androgeny that you could only write about the gender schema theory and not Kohlbergs theory? Also what is the likelihood that gender schema will come up this year? I've heard a couple of people say it came up last year.
Anyone have any research method notes? Struggling with this.
Does anyone have a model essay for

discuss the biosocial approach to gender development. (24)

I am begging anyone :frown:
Just did an essay on Neural Mechanisms for eating behaviour - I think that may come up this year, that or success and failure of dieting

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've completed research methods.

How is revision going guys?

I actually find RM easy to understand.
Original post by Mary562

Not too bad. What do you think are the main points of RM? I think it's relatively OK though. How do you revise? I use the Cara Flanagan book mainly.
Original post by advent
Does anyone have a model essay for

discuss the biosocial approach to gender development. (24)

I am begging anyone :frown:

Literally in the same boat, I'm finding it hard to write an A grade essay on this, I'm trying to link Gender Dysphoria which can gain marks in relation to bio social approach but finding it difficult
Has anyone bought any Loopa books.?
Original post by studentwiz
Literally in the same boat, I'm finding it hard to write an A grade essay on this, I'm trying to link Gender Dysphoria which can gain marks in relation to bio social approach but finding it difficult

I've written the essays and I have linked gender dysphoria. What do you need help on?
For PSYA3 Aggression, in an essay on group displays of aggression can you apply it to lynching or must it be sports events and warfare?
Does anyone have any ideas/predictions about what questions which might come up for Intelligence and Perception for PSYA3?
Original post by expendablelimbs
For PSYA3 Aggression, in an essay on group displays of aggression can you apply it to lynching or must it be sports events and warfare?

I think it's sport and warfare mentioned on the Spec.
Original post by Hwenman
snip*

Yes many students but do not request them here or ask for them. (They are copyright protected and you will be warned from the mods)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hwenman
Has anyone bought any Loopa books.?

Yeah I find them really helpful for learning how to expand my evaluation points. They also give me some extra evaluation that I use instead of/as well as the points in my 2 textbooks :smile:
Original post by Mary562

Got any notes on RM?

My understanding is that most of it is just AS and the new stuff in A2 isn't even much in context.
Original post by maymuyt
I've written the essays and I have linked gender dysphoria. What do you need help on?

Question : Discuss biosocial approach into gender development including gender dysphoria (8+16)
Reply 1196
Could you still get credit if you explain an experiment but don't mention the name of a researcher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo890
Could you still get credit if you explain an experiment but don't mention the name of a researcher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe but they really want to see names. aren't that hard to remember tbh.
Reply 1198
Original post by kyoti
maybe but they really want to see names. aren't that hard to remember tbh.

I know I was thinking if I completely forget the name when I'm in the exam but wrote everything else would I still get some of the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo890
I know I was thinking if I completely forget the name when I'm in the exam but wrote everything else would I still get some of the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes as long as you say researchers have found to avoid being marked as A01..
--
this will help you remember names: in each of your essay, write the names on top right corner of the essays/revision sheets in the order you will write them in your essay and a keyword next to it, so when you come back to the essay again in the future you can just look on top and just read that to help you recall what you wrote for that study. (you can use different colours for support studies and contradictory studies or put + in front of the studies to support and - for those against)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending