The Student Room Group

Freshers, how many times have you been home since you have started?

Scroll to see replies

Its funny how people judge you without knowing anything about you :rolleyes:
Reply 121
Haven't been home once. But I am going home for 'reading' week just because I miss all my cats and my niece. XD I go to my grandad's place every Wednesday, Thursday and sometimes at the weekend, mostly to do my washing but also because I don't have any friends, I'm really isolated and my anxiety isn't helping. Also I can't shower in the communal places, so there's that as well.
Original post by moment of truth
Its funny how people judge you without knowing anything about you :rolleyes:

Such is life :smile:
____

My sister started university in Chester, we're from Cornwall originally - a fair way, huh? She's going back home the week after next (her reading week) then my other sister (her twin) will go back up to Chester for a few days. So it'll have been a month or so that she's been at uni for. This is a massive milestone for her as she's never been away from her twin sister for that long.

Still it'll be pretty bloody expensive to do that all the time so she can't really >_<
I don't think I'm seeing them until the end of next month.
0 times in 5.5 weeks

It's the time to make new friends etc so don't want to go home and miss out.

Will be going home in mid Nov but that's because it's an end of season cricket do, black tie event, 3 course dinner, awards etc and is always a good night :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Going home every other weekend! Only costs £3.70 by bus for 1hr 30mins! :smile:
Ive been here 5 weeks and went home last week for my dads birthday without telling him. I'm telling you, the look on his face when he opened the door was priceless! Not going back until xmas now. Its a 4 hour train journey and costs about £30 return. Plus, I don't feel the need to go home as much as I thought. Don't get me wrong I love my family crazy amounts but I just feel I have two lives now; the one at uni and the one I occasionally go back to at home.
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol what a bull**** response

I need to grow up coz I don't need my mum to help me to grow n **** lmfao

18, I'm an adult I don't need to run back home every week like you do. I'm.not afraid to go back home I just don't need to go back home. For what? I can Skype or call

Your argument is stupid and embarrassing.

Oh look you at you trying to 1 up me lol beta
f

What arguments did you have? It was stupid. You don't need to go home every week. University is about independence and if you can't deal with that then **** off

tbh i kinda agree- you need to cut the apron strings abit if you're running home every weekend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending