Optometry - first class honours

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
About 13.681
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hey, i'm a 2nd year optometry student at UoM. I'm glad to hear people asking about the course on TSR ^^ tbh, i'd say it's not too difficult. How academically inclined you are may play a role, but the main factor is time-management; if you study hard, it'll show in your grades. It's amazing i've even summoned the time to go on TSR! Also, you'll have to practice clinical procedures (i.e. sight tests) in your own time (outside of lectures/practical sessions) if you want to score well.

Enjoy yourself though.. Don't work yourself to the bone.. otherwise, what's the point? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by mygirls
Hey, i'm a 2nd year optometry student at UoM. I'm glad to hear people asking about the course on TSR ^^ tbh, i'd say it's not too difficult. How academically inclined you are may play a role, but the main factor is time-management; if you study hard, it'll show in your grades. It's amazing i've even summoned the time to go on TSR! Also, you'll have to practice clinical procedures (i.e. sight tests) in your own time (outside of lectures/practical sessions) if you want to score well.

Enjoy yourself though.. Don't work yourself to the bone.. otherwise, what's the point? :smile:

What do you mean by practicing outside of practicals? How do you facilitate this? Or are you just referring to testing each other when the clinics are empty and you have no scheduled study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Sorry, yes that's exactly what i meant - testing each other when clinics are empty, my bad for the confusion. The majority of 2nd years buy an £1000 retinoscope and ophthalmoscope set though (keeler, the leading ophthalmic equipment company in the uk, will give a talk to brief you on their product beforehand!), and almost all students get a trial set meaning they get to practice at home ^^

You will get on just fine practicing when clinics are empty though, 3rd years tell me! ^^

Sorry I took ages to reply!
Reply 5
Original post by mygirls
Sorry, yes that's exactly what i meant - testing each other when clinics are empty, my bad for the confusion. The majority of 2nd years buy an £1000 retinoscope and ophthalmoscope set though (keeler, the leading ophthalmic equipment company in the uk, will give a talk to brief you on their product beforehand!), and almost all students get a trial set meaning they get to practice at home ^^

You will get on just fine practicing when clinics are empty though, 3rd years tell me! ^^

Sorry I took ages to reply!

I work for Boots opticians and none of the optoms (even pre-regs) use their own equipment so it kinda makes me hate the thought of spending so much. :frown:

I can't wait to start uni and it's 10/11 months away yet hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending