The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree

Is the University of Huddersfield still giving out offers for the Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is the University of Huddersfield still giving out offers for the Science Extended Degree leading to a BSc(Hons) Degree course?

Hello,

If you'd like to check the progress of your application, your best option is to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

All the best :smile:
-Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology student
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Yes they are I’ve applied to hudds to progress onto pharmacy
Original post by Asha2003

I got an offer for the SED and I want to progress onto optometry
Original post by Asha2003

Hi @Asha2003 thats great to hear!
Good luck with your application.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Aaliya ~ 3rd year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Original post by Aathira N
I got an offer for the SED and I want to progress onto optometry

Hi @Aathira N that's great news!
Best of luck with the SED!

Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep

Hey did you do the SED? If you did what were the modules like and what's a typical day like of a student who does the SED?

Also how many places(roughly per year) are there for progression after the SED pharmacy and optometry?

Thanks Aathira
(edited 1 year ago)
Also how many places(roughly per year) are there for progression after the SED pharmacy and optometry?

Thanks Aathira

Hi @Aathira N
Progression onto Optometry and Pharmacy is dependent on meeting stringent performance levels in the SED. You must pass all modules with an overall pass mark of at least 70%. Plus at least 70% in the Chemistry module and 70% in the Maths and Physics module.
You must also successfully undertake an interview with the Optometry or Pharmacy admissions staff.

As the number of places per year for progression on to pharmacy or optometry after the SED may change, it may be best to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

Hi @Aathira N
Progression onto Optometry and Pharmacy is dependent on meeting stringent performance levels in the SED. You must pass all modules with an overall pass mark of at least 70%. Plus at least 70% in the Chemistry module and 70% in the Maths and Physics module.
You must also successfully undertake an interview with the Optometry or Pharmacy admissions staff.

As the number of places per year for progression on to pharmacy or optometry after the SED may change, it may be best to contact the university admissions office - 01484 472 625 or [email protected].

Hi Aaliya thank you for your reply. How's the student life at Huddersfield? What is a typical day like of a Huddersfield university student?
Hi Aaliya thank you for your reply. How's the student life at Huddersfield? What is a typical day like of a Huddersfield university student?

Hi @Aathira N
Student life at Huddersfield is great! The campus is very modern and is a suitable size, the building facilities are brilliant. For example, in the library we have access to numerous resources such as iMacs and textbooks which enhances studying and massively helps with essays and reports.
The staff and students are extremely welcoming and are supportive; we have the student union and many societies which is great for meeting students from other courses!
The typical day for a student can vary depending on what course you study. For me, as a pharmacy student, my day can either start with a lecture or a practical session in the dispensary followed by tutorials or lab practicals.

Hope this helps!

Hey did you do the SED? If you did what were the modules like and what's a typical day like of a student who does the SED?

Hi @Aathira N

I didn't study the SED however, I currently study pharmacy and I have friends on the course who have studied the SED.

The modules on the SED are:
Maths and Physics
Biology
Chemistry in Action
Scientific Investigations
Science Skills

Please visit https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/science-extended-degree-leading-to-a-bsc-hons-degree for more information. There is a video available for you to watch to gain an insight into the typical day of a student studying the SED :smile:

Hope this helps!
Yup. You can get in by clearing also
Did you get into SED through clearing? How was it? I’ve applied through clearing and now I’m waiting to hear back. Did you find the maths test difficult
Original post by ARMY101
Yup. You can get in by clearing also

Did you get in through clearing? I applied and I’m waiting to hear back after filling in the written interview and maths test.
Original post by Hk200333
Did you get in through clearing? I applied and I’m waiting to hear back after filling in the written interview and maths test.

Whaaaat theres a maths tests and interview after applying through clearing? Could you tell me about it?
Original post by Hk200333
Did you get into SED through clearing? How was it? I’ve applied through clearing and now I’m waiting to hear back. Did you find the maths test difficult

Is it like A level maths test or basics gcse? I'm worried now
Whaaaat theres a maths tests and interview after applying through clearing? Could you tell me about it?

The interview asks about your motives about studying the course in general.
The maths test is quite easy as it asks basic maths questions and a couple of topics based on GCSE sciences.
I applied through clearing and didn't have an interview or maths test and I still got a place.
Original post by zaynab567
I applied through clearing and didn't have an interview or maths test and I still got a place.

If you did a level sciences (A level biology, a level Chemistry, A level physics and A level maths) you don't need to do the test and interview. I did 2 btecs and A level sociology so I had to do the interview and maths test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending