The Student Room Group

Computer Science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

GCSES: 7A* 5A 1B (FSMQ GCE Additional Mathematics)

AS: AAAB

A2 predictions: A*AA (A* in Maths) + Level 3 EPQ (A* or A hopefully)

Choices: Oxford, Bristol, Bath, Cardiff, Exeter.

Anyone who's submitted their applications heard anything back from their unis? If so which unis and which courses?
I'm applying Bristol, Bath, Southampton, King's and Surrey
GCSEs: 5A*s, 4As, B, C, D(FSMQ), Merit (OCR Nationals ICT)
AS: A(Maths - 92.3%) A(Further Maths - 87.6%) B(Spanish - 78.5%) B(Chemistry - 70.7%)
Predicted A*AAA, aiming for A*A*AA.
GCSE's: 2A*s, 1As, 7Bs, 2Cs
AS: B (Business), B (Applied ICT), C (Maths), D (Geography)
Predicted A2: ABB

I think I'll be applying for
Aston (My first choice)
Royal Holloway (My mum's first choice :dong:)
Queen Mary's
Greenwich (Backup)

And I can't choose between

Southampton with foundation year or Kings College :dontknow:
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Computer Science connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Applying for Joint honours - Computer Science and Maths with Industrial Placement

iGCSE: 4A* 4A
GCSE: 1A* 2A 1B
Predicted IB: 38 - 666 at HL
Choices: Glasgow, Bath, Exeter, QMUL

Good luck everyone :smile:
Applying for straight Computer Science

GCSE: 2A* 10A
AS: A A A A (89 UMS average)
A2(predictions): A* A* A* A (Maths,Physics,Economics,Further Maths)
Choices: Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Durham, Bath

Sent off my application on the 16th of October (2 days ago) but still haven't had emails from universities saying they have acknowledged my application.
Reply 26
I applied for cs at: UCL, Kings, Leeds, Edinburgh, Exeter, and received an offer from Exeter.
4 As at AS and A in A2 Maths. Self-studying Further Maths A-level this year.

Offer from Warwick, applied also to oxford imperial ucl and bristol
Already sent my application to Oxford, Leeds, York, Lancaster and Exeter for Maths&Computer Science on the 15th.
AS grades :AABC
Predicted: AAA, dropped the subject I got a C in.

I'm not getting my hopes up for Oxford but I though I might as well try. Didn't get any offers yet.
I've realised that for Nottingham BSc Computer Science and Management there are 16 places available however if I choose the Computer Science BSc or any other related course it says "approx 115 places for all courses in the school except BSc Computer Science and Management"

I really want to study that course but I'm not sure as to what they mean by that? Thanks a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
Halamadrid777 - what are your predicted grades if you don't mind sharing. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, I apologize for the delay in response- I follow Indian CBSE board so you may not understand my system :smile: What are yours btw? I understand A-levels :smile:
I already have offers from Sheffield, Cardiff, and Liverpool. Still waiting for Manchester and QUB to respond. Although I don't really care about QUB, but Manchester plzz. They are taking so long. Will firm Sheffield or Manchester(if I get one :tongue:)
Original post by DiaanaE
I applied for cs at: UCL, Kings, Leeds, Edinburgh, Exeter, and received an offer from Exeter.

What was your offer from exeter?
Reply 33
Original post by holdyourbreath
What was your offer from exeter?

I am from Romania and they gave me a Conditional offer with 9 grade overall and 8 in math. So i think the equivalent is B in math and A overall or something like this.
I'm from Italy and I have a predicted grade of 98+ at the final exam (our system is so different, so I can't explain well, but I will get very good grade) and I applied for:
Cambridge
Imperial
UCL
Southampton
Bristol
I haven't got any offer yet :frown:
AS: BC (Sociology and F.Maths)
A2: A (already have in maths) and A* in EPQ
A2 predicted: AA
Applied: Cambridge,Warwick,Bristol,Bath

Offers: Warwick - AAA
Bath - AAA or A*AB

Good Luck everyone! :smile:
AS: ABCC in Computing, Maths, Physics and Music Tech respectively

Predicted: A*AB in Computing, Maths and Physics respectively

GCSE: 5Bs, 4Cs, 2Ds and an E :frown:

Choices: UCL, Manchester, KCL, Southampton and Sheffield

Don't fancy my chances but I guess it's worth a shot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just sent mine off!!! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from York for maths and CompSci, and an invitation to an interview. They said that they can offer me AAA on the spot or if the interview goes well, lower the offer to AAB. Pretty happy with that!
Reply 39
Hello everyone! I am an international student applying for computer science (4 years)

I applied to the following universities:
Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Southampton, Birmingham

IGCSE/GCSE: 8A* 1A 1B

Predicted IB score: 42/45 (777HL, 666SL)

I received an offer from Birmingham, conditional: 36/45 with 766 at HL (7 in HL Maths or CS).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending