The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it looks like girls are more likely to have same sex attraction than guys if you go by the data. Also, that the majority of girls are not completely straight too. Higher than expected percentages for guys too I think.
2- I identify as a heteroromantic polysexual

Posted from TSR Mobile
0 all day erry day
Original post by RosaSparkles
2- I identify as a heteroromantic polysexual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf is that?
0... as expected.
Original post by bittr n swt
Wtf is that?

Polysexual- attracted sexually to multiple genders (e.g. man, non-binary, bigender)
Heteroromantic- attracted emotionally in a romantic way to the opposite gender only
Put them together

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a 3, so bisexual. But I'm also heteroromantic, and could never actually have a relationship with another man.
I got a 2. Would have said 1 myself as I'm a bit bicurious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a 2 :redface:
6...but more like I'm so gay I'm off the scale. :h:
Original post by beaverhausen
I got a F?

Me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
3 ~ equally heterosexual and homosexual
Original post by driftawaay
6...but more like I'm so gay I'm off the scale. :h:

Does it surprise you how few women have chosen six, compared to four and five? Most lesbians I've known insist they don't like guys at all, though that may be just to avoid creepers, a lot of them did turn out to have shagged, or at least pulled, multiple guys.
Original post by Mankytoes
Does it surprise you how few women have chosen six, compared to four and five? Most lesbians I've known insist they don't like guys at all, though that may be just to avoid creepers, a lot of them did turn out to have shagged, or at least pulled, multiple guys.

No, it isn't surprising, there are more bisexuals than gays and lesbians so obviously more people would choose 5 or 4. And lesbians don't like guys at all, that's the definition of being a lesbian. But lots of lesbians have dated or slept with guys even if they weren't attracted to them just because they were in denial, wanted to be 'normal' or thought they would become straight if they tried to become straight and then realized it isn't gonna happen because they are in fact lesbians...
Original post by driftawaay
No, it isn't surprising, there are more bisexuals than gays and lesbians so obviously more people would choose 5 or 4.

And lesbians don't like guys at all, that's the definition of being a lesbian. But lots of lesbians have dated or slept with guys even if they weren't attracted to them just because they were in denial, wanted to be 'normal' or thought they would become straight if they tried to become straight and then realized it isn't gonna happen because they are in fact lesbians...

You state that as a fact, is that widely accepted? "In a Yougov survey of 1,632 adults, 5.5% identified as gay, 2.1% as bisexual, and 88.7% as heterosexual" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#cite_note-35) I've always heard more people identify as gay.

Well that's up to the person, you choose your labels. I have a female friend in a long term gay relationship, but she's slept with more men than women, but she still defines herself as lesbian. Just like you can bet most of these women clicking one and two define themselves as straight.

Yeah there's definitely some of that, I also have known some to pull guys just like it's a laugh, they don't seem attracted, they just aren't repulsed, like how straight girls often don't find kissing other girls to be a big deal.
Original post by minimarshmallow
I'm actually pansexual, so I'm not really accounted for on the Kinsey Scale...

This.
Reply 137
Original post by Mankytoes
You state that as a fact, is that widely accepted? "In a Yougov survey of 1,632 adults, 5.5% identified as gay, 2.1% as bisexual, and 88.7% as heterosexual" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#cite_note-35) I've always heard more people identify as gay.

Well that's up to the person, you choose your labels. I have a female friend in a long term gay relationship, but she's slept with more men than women, but she still defines herself as lesbian. Just like you can bet most of these women clicking one and two define themselves as straight.

Yeah there's definitely some of that, I also have known some to pull guys just like it's a laugh, they don't seem attracted, they just aren't repulsed, like how straight girls often don't find kissing other girls to be a big deal.

That survey doesnt prove me wrong, if 5.5% said gay and 2.1% said bisexual, what about the other approx. 4% of people who didnt identify as either gay, straight or bisexual? Lots of people who choose 'dont know/prefer not to say' in these surveys are gay or bisexual, since most straight people have no problem stating they are straight, so that disparity between the 5.5% and the 2.1% is not very clear. I cant take any survey where 5.5% of people say they are gay seriously though, since its obviously a much smaller number and most surveys turn out with a lower than 3% of people who say they are gay.

Lots of people who are in same sex relationships say they are gay and lots of people in straight relationships say they are straight so idk what you are trying to say. Your friend is not a lesbian if she was seriously invested in those relationships,like actually attracted to/in love with those men she dated regardless of how she identifies. Some women say they are a lesbian if they have been in a long term relationship with a woman even if all their previous relaitonships were with men, because they plan on staying with their partner for ever, so they know they wont be with men anymore - they're still technically bisexual.
I scored 2, mostly attracted to the opposite gender but sometimes to the same, which I'd say is about right :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending