The Student Room Group

Has anyone received an offer for history yet?

So I've seen a few people saying they have already received offers from unis such a warwick but I am yet to see a history offer! If anyone has received one I would love to know and where from :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by dracomalfoy
So I've seen a few people saying they have already received offers from unis such a warwick but I am yet to see a history offer! If anyone has received one I would love to know and where from :smile:

A friend of mine knows someone who has already received an offer from Warwick for history - but other than that I haven't heard anything else :/ I'm applying for history too, which unis are you looking at and have you already sent your application? :smile:
Reply 2
My friend has received one from Warwick History
Reply 3
Original post by amiemay
A friend of mine knows someone who has already received an offer from Warwick for history - but other than that I haven't heard anything else :/ I'm applying for history too, which unis are you looking at and have you already sent your application? :smile:

I know it's only early days but I'm so worried already! No one at my sixth form has received an offer for anything! :/ I've applied to Oxford (so I sent my application off on Monday), Kings College London, York, Edinburgh and Exeter (cornwall campus) and I'm scared I won't receive any offers or have to wait for months because history is a popular subject :/

How about you, have you sent off your application yet/ what unis are you going to apply to? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by acireric
My friend has received one from Warwick History

Warwick have been giving out so many offers already! Kinda wish I'd applied there now... :colondollar:
Reply 5
Warwick have been giving out so many offers already! Kinda wish I'd applied there now... :colondollar:

I applied to Warwick but for Law, no news yet apart from the acknowledgement e-mail that came a day after my submission.
Reply 6
I know it's only early days but I'm so worried already! No one at my sixth form has received an offer for anything! :/ I've applied to Oxford (so I sent my application off on Monday), Kings College London, York, Edinburgh and Exeter (cornwall campus) and I'm scared I won't receive any offers or have to wait for months because history is a popular subject :/

How about you, have you sent off your application yet/ what unis are you going to apply to? :smile:

Hey :smile: Those sound like good choices (you're not applying to any of the same as me though :tongue: )and I'm sure you will get an offer - don't worry about it. I'm applying to Warwick, Exeter, Royal Holloway, Birmingham and Nottingham :smile: and I'm sending my application on Monday (hopefully) - I'm a bit nervous, I keep re-reading my personal statement but I can't find anything more to change :colondollar:
oh, and no one has received anything at my sixth form either - except one girl who applied for English Lit. just got an email from Edinburgh asking if she had meant to apply for teacher training..? :confused:
I have had offers from Warwick, Southampton and Manchester :smile: :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by subjunctivehistorian

Aw, congratulation :biggrin: I am really jealous - just out of interest, has anyone heard of anyone getting an unconditional offer or one that's lower then a uni say on their website etc..? Plus if a uni has a range (e.g. Exeter offers A*AA-AAB)what would the likelihood be of getting the lower option???
Reply 9
Original post by amiemay
Aw, congratulation :biggrin: I am really jealous - just out of interest, has anyone heard of anyone getting an unconditional offer or one that's lower then a uni say on their website etc..? Plus if a uni has a range (e.g. Exeter offers A*AA-AAB)what would the likelihood be of getting the lower option???

Exeter's range means it is likely that the lower offers are given as contextual offers
Reply 10
Original post by subjunctivehistorian

how long did southampton take to get back to you? i've applied there and i hear they're pretty quick!
Original post by queenly
how long did southampton take to get back to you? i've applied there and i hear they're pretty quick!

Well my reference went off on Monday1st October and the offer was on the Friday 3rd Ocrober..so you could say they are pretty quick!! :biggrin:
I've had offers from Warwick and Sheffield already
I have four offers for history so far, warwick, southampton, birmingham (unconditional) and royal holloway
Reply 14
Original post by amiemay
Hey :smile: Those sound like good choices (you're not applying to any of the same as me though :tongue: )and I'm sure you will get an offer - don't worry about it. I'm applying to Warwick, Exeter, Royal Holloway, Birmingham and Nottingham :smile: and I'm sending my application on Monday (hopefully) - I'm a bit nervous, I keep re-reading my personal statement but I can't find anything more to change :colondollar:
oh, and no one has received anything at my sixth form either - except one girl who applied for English Lit. just got an email from Edinburgh asking if she had meant to apply for teacher training..? :confused:

I nearly applied to Nottingham, it looks so lovely! Good luck to you with applying :biggrin:
My friend has 3 offers for history already. Unconditional at birmingham and uea and a conditional from nottingham
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I have four offers for history so far, warwick, southampton, birmingham (unconditional) and royal holloway

I've applied for Warwick, Southampton and Birmingham too!... Sent my app off on Thursday. Really hope i get offers too D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chidchilli
I've applied for Warwick, Southampton and Birmingham too!... Sent my app off on Thursday. Really hope i get offers too D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goodluck!
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Goodluck!

Got my history offer for Warwick about 30mins ago! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending