The Student Room Group

Higher physics 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyanMcl1929
The 0 was the only thing i put on the graph apart from F(N) and t(s) on the axis. And obviously the graph xD :cool:

what shape was the graph meant to be? :confused::confused:
Original post by charmedwonderer
what shape was the graph meant to be? :confused::confused:

Triangle although you can have curves as in real life the graph would not be a perfect triangle
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 582
Original post by RyanMcl1929
The 0 was the only thing i put on the graph apart from F(N) and t(s) on the axis. And obviously the graph xD :cool:

i think i put in the numbers too but i put the seconds midway(peak of triangle)- ill probably lose the mark won't i?
Reply 583
Original post by chopinfan
Just had a quick look at the grade boundary for an A over the past few years:

2010 = 67/90
2011 = 64/90
2012 = 66/90
2013 = 61/90
2014 = 60/90

Considering this year's exam was probably similar in difficulty to the past 2 years, it wouldn't really be unrealistic :smile:

2014 was 63?
Original post by DLau88
2014 was 63?

It's 60 on the SQA grade boundaries document :s-smilie: Are you sure?
Reply 585
Old and revised remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 586
Original post by chopinfan
It's 60 on the SQA grade boundaries document :s-smilie: Are you sure?

sorry my bad it's 60 lol
I sat the old higher paper and I have just realised that for question 21 the projectile question while sitting the exam I did the question however I then realised that I had done it wrong so I did it again and got the right answer but I now have a feeling that I forgot to cross out my original wrong answer. Does anybody have any idea whether or not I will get any marks for this or will I just get nothing?:confused:
(OLD HIGHER) For the capacitor question with the body instead of dividing the voltage by the smallest resistance i divided by the biggest resistance -_-. I wrote the I=V÷R equation though would i get at least 1 mark for that? Also on the FT graph i accidentally thought the force had an extra 0 on the end from the first calculation but my graphs correct otherwise will i only lose 1 mark there?
Also for the question where u had to work out the voltage across the Variable resistor did anyone else take the voltage from the LED away from the Vtpd(which is the emf minus lost volts)???
Original post by swiggityswoogity
Also for the question where u had to work out the voltage across the Variable resistor did anyone else take the voltage from the LED away from the Vtpd(which is the emf minus lost volts)???

I did this :smile: Was the first thing that came to my mind haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank god :biggrin:
Reply 592
Anyone else get 3As in a row for old higher multiple choice and freak out?
Original post by Rocky01
Anyone else get 3As in a row for old higher multiple choice and freak out?

Ye I got three in a row too
Reply 594
Original post by Luke_98_F
Ye I got three in a row too

Okay phew
Original post by Rocky01
Okay phew

Answers for multiple choice are on page 24, I'm afraid 3As in a row ain't right!
Reply 596
Original post by sewell98
Answers for multiple choice are on page 24, I'm afraid 3As in a row ain't right!

I don't see them?
Original post by Rocky01
I don't see them?

Sorry, Page 23 in a series of pictures, near the bottom of the page.
Reply 598
Anyone else get 3 As in a row for multiple choice and freak out?
Reply 599
Original post by sewell98
Sorry, Page 23 in a series of pictures, near the bottom of the page.

Thanks, they say 3As in a row is right haha?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending