The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

2021: Liverpool Carmel College Foundation

Just wanted to start a post for anyone starting with Liverpool uni for the foundation year at Carmel College, or any current students doing year 0 at Carmel that could share their experiences:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hiiii! Ive just gotten an offer from Carmel College year 0 (Sep 2021) for biological sciences, this will definitely be my insurance choice.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Anonymous
Just wanted to start a post for anyone starting with Liverpool uni for the foundation year at Carmel College, or any current students doing year 0 at Carmel that could share their experiences:smile:

I'm a current student on the biological sciences foundation course. I'll be honest, it is challenging and some of the tutors are incredibly unhelpful but university is all about being independent, so if you put in the effort and work hard you'll pass with ease.
Hi I’m Hannah and I had my interview for the Art Foundation course in Carmel College last week. Hoping to start in September (fingers crossed 🤞!)
I'm a current student on the biological sciences foundation course. I'll be honest, it is challenging and some of the tutors are incredibly unhelpful but university is all about being independent, so if you put in the effort and work hard you'll pass with ease.

Oh no really? :frown: I’m doing physical sciences, have you had to use more online material then? And are there lots of exams?
Original post by hannahb141
Hi I’m Hannah and I had my interview for the Art Foundation course in Carmel College last week. Hoping to start in September (fingers crossed 🤞!)

Hey Han! Fingers crossed for you! Wow an interview? I didn’t think they had them! I’m currently waiting for them to confirm my place for September to do physical sciences:smile: what are you doing for accommodation?
Original post by Harrygabb
Hey Han! Fingers crossed for you! Wow an interview? I didn’t think they had them! I’m currently waiting for them to confirm my place for September to do physical sciences:smile: what are you doing for accommodation?

Hi! I hope you get your place! Thankfully, I live near the college so I won’t need accommodation ☺️ What about you?
Oh no really? :frown: I’m doing physical sciences, have you had to use more online material then? And are there lots of exams?

I'm pretty sure you'll have different tutors for physical sciences, our tutors were a pain, especially for biology. For my course there are multiple assessments almost every week which they use as coursework to create an average grade. They upload class material onto teams or Carmel Connect, which is the college's online platform. Hope this helps!
I'm pretty sure you'll have different tutors for physical sciences, our tutors were a pain, especially for biology. For my course there are multiple assessments almost every week which they use as coursework to create an average grade. They upload class material onto teams or Carmel Connect, which is the college's online platform. Hope this helps!

Hi, was the teaching alot like 6th form/College, or more towards university style teaching? I hated in 6 form, learning topics and then doing exercises in textbooks etc in class, felt a bit juvenile. It would be great if the teaching was literally just making notes and absorbing.
Hi! I have applied for vet science foundation at carmel collegeHas anyone heard about an interview yet??

Hi there!

Good luck with getting a place in September!

I noticed you mentioned about accommodation and thought I'd jump in to give you a little bit of advice since you will be commuting to and from the college in St. Helens I would make sure you do not apply for Greenbank halls, because then you would have to make an additional bus (or train journey) into Liverpool City Centre to get the train out to St. Helens. Any of the on-campus halls are around 10 - 15 mins walk down to Liverpool Lime Street.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep.
Reply 11
Hi I would like to apply but what off kind interview you expect
I’m doing vet science foundation at Carmel college, has anyone done it before/starting in 2021?

what course are you doing?
i got accepted to to Chemical Sciences (at Carmel College)
is the course exam or coursework based??
thank youu
Reply 14
i'm doing biological sciences at carmel!
Hi, I spoke to you yesterday, my account was glitched and got deleted, so anything you sent back I didn’t receive sorry! @Wonyo
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by roseflamingo15
Hi, I spoke to you yesterday, my account was glitched and got deleted, so anything you sent back I didn’t receive sorry! @Wonyo

no worries!
Original post by Wonyo
no worries!

I can’t reply to your pm as I’ve only just logged in after not using for a while but we’re both in the Snapchat gc so I’ll add you now!
Anyone got any GC’s for new foundation year students?
Hi everyone!

Congratulation on your offers - I'm sure you will love living and studying in Liverpool

If you have any questions then feel free to ask away - I've been a student in Liverpool since 2014 (I'm currently doing a PhD), so I've got loads of experience about the city and Uni.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending