About me, then:

24 now

Academically -
Law degree from a top London uni, but a 2.2
A Levels at AAA
AS Levels at AAAB and A in General Studies
GCSEs 11 A* - C

Physically -
Need to train for the bleep test and 1.5m run. Used to run cross-country, but it's been a while
Press ups - can manage around 50 in 2 mins
Sit ups - need to work on form, but always been strong

Relevant experience -
School CCF (RAF)
Martial arts for nearly 20 years, including uni club and competing

Ideally, the Gurkhas or the Paras really appeal. I realise the former is an intake of 2/3 per year from Sandhurst and the latter has higher fitness standards.

I want to get my app. in asap. How flexible are the boards on times? Working around 60 hours pw so will need to juggle.

Anyone here passed the AOSB or got any advice?
Do lots of fitness. Then do some more. You're looking at two of the most sought-after regiments there.
Reply 2
Your chance is zero if you don't try.

Think about what you have done that shows your leadership potential, that's what will get you to Sandhurst.
Reply 3
Original post by ProStacker
Do lots of fitness. Then do some more. You're looking at two of the most sought-after regiments there.

Given the year and a half remaining until 26, better to apply now and hit the fitness or do fitness training for a while pre applying?

Original post by Drewski
Your chance is zero if you don't try.

Think about what you have done that shows your leadership potential, that's what will get you to Sandhurst.

Think I have a fair few examples. Really just fitness that's the concern atm.
Look at what you think you want to do. The Paras. One of the most competitive regiments to get into as an Officer. You appear to have a good academic background, you think you've got some leadership potential and examples, but you admit your fitness is lacking. Can you get fitter than ever? Do you want to do that? It's your single biggest weakness (on paper).

Quick Reply

Latest