The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RP1996
DUE TO VOLUME OF PM RECIEVED I AM GOING TO LIST PRICES HERE, IT IS ON FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS (other than BMAT) AS ONCE THEY ARE SOLD THAT IS IT

Dentistry interview - Sri H Ravi (one with teeth on front) £12
MMI for Uk dental school - Marian Coll £18 VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
600 UKCAT questions - £7.50
Score high on ukcat - Kaplan - £11
2009 ukcat - £7.50
CU at dental school - £15
The excruciating history of dentistry - £5
So you want to be a dentist - £5

ALSO AVAILABLE- KAPLAN BMAT book which includes many mock papers and strategy book, which is given on Kaplan bmat day course, this is a pdf and will be sent via email, at a charge of £20.

delivery will be charged at a flat rate of £2.50 so the even if you order them all u will only pay £2.50- books will be be reserved on a first come first serve basis, and then I will contact you week beggining 16 march to sort it out.

Hi, are you still selling any books or are they all sold?
Original post by eshdentist
First section: read the question first and scan for keywords in be passage. Don't read the entire passage first. It's a waste of time.

Second: practice GCSE maths on the BBC bite size website

Third: use SCAN (shape, colour, arrangement and nunber) to help identify the patterns

Fourth: check your tense! So many people lose marks for getting the incorrect past/present/future tense in the code and subsequent answer.

Thank you!!
If you are in London, try Bremedent dental lab
Reply 183
Original post by gabbythompson
does anyone have any good tips for revising for the UKCAT test?

>
http://dentallyinclined.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ukcat-how-to-prepare-what-to-expect.html :smile:
Hi
Have you guys got any contacts/tips for dental work experience that i could do this summer pleaseeeeee?

I keep sending out letters, emails but with no success.

Please help! thank you so much
Reply 185
Original post by cilla_e
Hi
Have you guys got any contacts/tips for dental work experience that i could do this summer pleaseeeeee?
I keep sending out letters, emails but with no success.
Please help! thank you so much

Phoning up is usually faster as you get an immediate response :smile: Then you can follow up with an email if you need.
Original post by Lanfan
Phoning up is usually faster as you get an immediate response :smile: Then you can follow up with an email if you need.

Hi can you please PM me some contacts that I could contact, that would really help. Ive tried phoning and emails but like i said no one wants to take me on due to confidentiality reasons. So Pleaseee PM me
Original post by cilla_e
Hi can you please PM me some contacts that I could contact, that would really help. Ive tried phoning and emails but like i said no one wants to take me on due to confidentiality reasons. So Pleaseee PM me

I've read that the University of Newcastle organises work experience for anyone who is having trouble finding it. Have a look on their website :smile:
Original post by NainaK98
I've read that the University of Newcastle organises work experience for anyone who is having trouble finding it. Have a look on their website :smile:

OMDD thank you! you've been the most helpful person on this thread so far:smile:
Original post by cilla_e
OMDD thank you! you've been the most helpful person on this thread so far:smile:

Hahah no problem! Haven't used it myself so can't tell you how helpful they'll be. :smile:
Original post by cilla_e
Hi

How did you plan this work experience??

I know her personally , her dad is a doctor :smile:
Original post by yasmin#2
I know her personally , her dad is a doctor :smile:

Thats great!
Original post by aqua05
If anyone needs any advice regarding the course/application, please feel free to ask :smile: x

could you please answer my question?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3450551
Anyone know new castles gcse requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
So as I understand, there's no dental schools left that don't require an extra admission test (UKCAT or BMAT)?

Also, anyone been looking at Plymouth? Non- russell group, but great facilities :smile:
Original post by MAnnaMM
So as I understand, there's no dental schools left that don't require an extra admission test (UKCAT or BMAT)?

Also, anyone been looking at Plymouth? Non- russell group, but great facilities :smile:

Bristol requires the UKCAT but apparently it does not hold much significance for them.
Hi,I'm selling on some of the books I used to help me during my prep!! These books obviously helped me on some way as I ended up with 2 offers!! If interested PM me for prices!!

Getting into dental school by Adam Cross

Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) for UK dental school by Marian Coll

Dental School Interview guide: preparation and practice for dental school admissionUKCAT

Understanding Test Day edition (Kaplan)

Passing the UK Clinical Aptitude Test and BMAT 2008 edition by Felicity Taylor, Rosalie Hutton and Glenn Hutton

Succeeding in the 2008 UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) by Mr Matt Green and Jemini Jethwa
Hey guys, just wondering what your guys' reasons are for wanting to go into dentistry? Mine is the usual orthodontic experience:u:
All the universities I want to apply to just say "some work experience" in a dental setting. I've done 7 days so far. Do you think that would be enough because I don't see what i'm going to get out of another week and it is so boring not being able to do anything. I mean i've got 4 months of volunteering in a hospital as well.
Original post by yoda123
All the universities I want to apply to just say "some work experience" in a dental setting. I've done 7 days so far. Do you think that would be enough because I don't see what i'm going to get out of another week and it is so boring not being able to do anything. I mean i've got 4 months of volunteering in a hospital as well.

The general expected requirement is about 2 weeks experience at least.

Latest