The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I doubt they will spend a whole station on dental news though. I would think its more about ur communication skills and how much you know about being a dentist and whether u have the qualities etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Manexopi
I swear there isn't much to say on the sugar tax? I also remember seeing an article that the government aren't really taking it seriously anyways.

I saw a recent article saying that Cameron might be considering it. Welsh parliament are also in favour of it. Its not the biggest news, but its an easy subject to debate for and against, it's topical and it should be a good enough example if they ask about any current affairs in dentistry
Original post by yoda123
I doubt they will spend a whole station on dental news though. I would think its more about ur communication skills and how much you know about being a dentist and whether u have the qualities etc

Yeah definitely, but they will base atleast one station off your personal statement, and if you've written down that you follow dental news or read dental magazines then they may just ask you about some dental news you've heard or a recent technological development
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by isaisababy
I saw a recent article saying that Cameron might be considering it. Welsh parliament are also in favour of it. Its not the biggest news, but its an easy subject to debate for and against, it's topical and it should be a good enough example if they ask about any current affairs in dentistry

That's true. I myself am more interested in the research showing links between gum disease and other diseases haha.

Yeah definitely, but they will base atleast one station off your personal statement, and if you've written down that you follow dental news or read dental magazines then they may just ask you about some dental news you've heard or a recent technological development

Wait, they have a ps station? Ugh I was told the chances of that are really slim and didn't bother looking over my ps. Will have to look over it tomorrow morning then.

KCL interviewers wont have read ur personal statement tho, i read it somewhere cant remember where but the mmi is separate
(edited 8 years ago)
That's true. I myself am more interested in the research showing links between gum disease and other diseases haha.

Wait, they have a ps station? Ugh I was told the chances of that are really slim and didn't bother looking over my ps. Will have to look over it tomorrow morning then.

I've been told that Kings interviewers don't have access to your personal statement. Sorry if I made you panic!
Original post by yoda123
KCL interviewers wont have read ur personal statement tho, i read it somewhere cant remember where but the mmi is separate

I feel like I read that somewhere as well but can't find where. Thanks
I've been told that Kings interviewers don't have access to your personal statement. Sorry if I made you panic!

Awesome, don't worry about it! Anyone have any bets on the stations?

I feel there will be a describe the image station and generic things like a roleplay. Anyone know what the whole discussion thing is about tomorrow? Is that the ethical scenario?
I feel like I read that somewhere as well but can't find where. Thanks

When they send you the invitation to interview, it's in one of the attached documents that talk about what you need for interview.
Awesome, don't worry about it! Anyone have any bets on the stations?

I feel there will be a describe the image station and generic things like a roleplay. Anyone know what the whole discussion thing is about tomorrow? Is that the ethical scenario?

Said in the invitation that you'll get to make notes before the interview on the ethical scenarios. I wonder if this means u'll know the other questions too?
Getting so stressed about Newcastle now! Does anyone know when they stop giving out interviews?
Original post by yoda123
Said in the invitation that you'll get to make notes before the interview on the ethical scenarios. I wonder if this means u'll know the other questions too?

I saw that and was so confused why you would need to make notes. I always thought the ethical scenarios were like 3 lines long but if they're giving more info then that's great. Idek. Apparently we can take the notes in so maybe?

Maybe I'll see you around tomorrow xD
Original post by yoda123

We probably won't know the other questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't panic! I'm sure you'll hear soon. What is your ukcat if you don't mind me asking? You could try ringing them?
Original post by carrellii
Getting so stressed about Newcastle now! Does anyone know when they stop giving out interviews?
I saw that and was so confused why you would need to make notes. I always thought the ethical scenarios were like 3 lines long but if they're giving more info then that's great. Idek. Apparently we can take the notes in so maybe?

Maybe I'll see you around tomorrow xD

Haha probably, i'll probably be freaking out about the interview too much to make conversation lol :p: :redface: :frown: See you there
Original post by yoda123
Haha probably, i'll probably be freaking out about the interview too much to make conversation lol :p: :redface: :frown: See you there

Eh you're better off than me. I have verbal diarrhoea and next to no knowledge of science/ dentistry so tomorrows gonna be swell.
(edited 8 years ago)
Eh you're probs better of than me. I have a really unpleasant voice so I'll probs be stressing over

Eh you're better off than me. I have verbal diarrhoea and next to no knowledge of science/ dentistry so tomorrows gonna be swell.

i love your voice! makes you unique :smile:
im sure you'll be fine, your pretty smart and well spoken so dw x
I reckon since it said it will take 40 minutes and generally Kings stations are 5 mins each, we'll have 7 stations to go to (accounting for time needed for interviewer to make notes after each candidate). I think 1 will be a describe an image. 1 will be Why dentistry. 1 will be about work experience. Maybe 1 or 2 on the ethical scenario(s). (I checked my school's interview notes and a student had 2 ethical scenario stations at Kings a couple years ago). 1 on what can you contribute to Kings/extra-curricular. Then last one probably What are the qualities needed by a dentist and how do you show them? (this was a very common one for kings interviews)

Good luck! I think we all need it

I'd rather why the uni then what can you contribute to the uni :s-smilie: These seem pretty darn meaty in terms of possible things to say so I can see this happening.
Ethical scenarios are annoying because I never know what you're actually meant to do if you're in the situation. I know that's not the point of them but still. I swear if I hear a question about a neighbour's pet I'm going to throw a hissy fit - I've had enough of them xD

And lol ikr. Do first batch ppl have it easier at all?
Does anyone know how many people kings interview? Is it similar to the number of offers they give out?

Latest